Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Grumbles.. tired of flimsy websites ranking high.

beldin
Trust:

Grumbles.. tired of flimsy websites ranking high.

I guess it's a blessing right? We should be able to out-do a flimsy "sniper" type site. I'm really getting tired of seeing them. Here's the thing... if Google wants such a quality experience for their users then why are they still giving URL's with exact keyword matches so much credit. I've seen the flimsiest sites built around this concept ranking number 1 for many keyword phrases with little to no backlinks and sometimes crappy SEO.

The frustration is the you can rank for the same phase but it may take months. Buy the exact match domain and Google rewards you with instant top 20 or even top 10! I've seen it done in less than 15 hours... it makes no sense. Maybe I should just start selling domains....

Grip over...

PS: An please don't say, "if you can't beat them, join them"... we should all strive to put quality content on the net.
Stephen

troskell
Trust:
Hi Beldin

I bought the Google Sniper course which is based on buying an exact domain keyword name - I bought a domain - didn't even have content on it just a blank wordpress site and it got to page 1 - crazy. Unfortunately I didn't pick a buyer keyword - but I agree it doesn't make sense why Google is so weighted towards domain names. I guess it will all change though.
faradina
Trust:
I heard that this is how it works:
The google bots crawl web pages and index and rank them according to the logarithm programmed into them. Then, after an undisclosed period, the google wizards review the pages and reassign them to their appropriate ranks.
The first process is supposed to be all automated (well, they do say bots, as in robots) and thus does not really take the content into account the way human readers would, LSI or no LSI. And that would be why it gets crazy.
The second is supposed to be more human-oriented and more thorough and the indexed pages either go up or down the SERPs depending on how good they are. This could explain what we are calling the google sandbox or the slap or the dance.
I don't have details, though. It's all supposed to be top secret and my source won't tell me "on pain of death".
beldin
Trust:
Well don't push too hard, we want you to stay around. :)

When I build an Affilorama site I will try to get the domain as a keyword match just for this reason (helps get instant traffic too), even though I complain about it. What I'm really complaining about is the lack of quality out there, you know, people just putting garbage up for rankings. Not what we are taught here.

BUT I had a site just recently... ranked on the first page in less than 1 day (I've had good luck getting indexed in less than 12 hours recently, dunno why). Sat around 8-12th for a few days then disappeared. Yesterday it's back at 12.... the g-bot is funny.
Stephen

This topic was started on Jun 15, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.