Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google siet disapproved!

jerry g
Trust:

Google siet disapproved!

Hello from formerly frustrated to totally exasperated,

I completed a ppc webpage using the lessons in affiloblueprint. Last night I finally finished my keyword research and then placed my 1st Adword ad. I finished at 22:30 hrs and at 22:45hrs I got a ad disapproved message. So, I changed my ad a bit and resubmiited it. At 22:55hrs I got a message that my site was disapproved. This morning when I went back to my adwords account I had the site suspended message. I don't have a clue what to do. Could anyone take a quick peek at my page and tell me what I did wrong. Or at least Where to go-I just can't figure it out through all the pages and pages of google "help". http://www.GetNHealthy.com/resveratrol-and-weight-loss . I would truly appreciate any help I can get.. Thank you, Jerry G
Lose Weight-Get In Shape-Feel Your Best Ever
http://www.GetNHealthy.com

beldin
Trust:
Hi Jerry,

There are a few posts going around about Goog and Adwords...

post67593.html

post68046.html

Their policy around affiliate links and the type of sites that are created by affiliates is basically intolerance. First comes suspended campaigns, then permanently banned accounts. Best advice I can give is to focus on many difference avenues of traffic, including PPC from other sources like Microsoft adCenter, etc...
Stephen

jerry g
Trust:
Thank you Beldin, I did a lot of research on resperadol before I wrote that aricle for my ppc page and I really thought people would find it interesting even if they didn't choose to click on my ad links. It really stings when I don't even get a chance. I thought that I did something terribly wrong in my page development and wanted to correct it as soon as possible. You have helped me see the bigger picture.
I had received a $100 gift certificate from google for adwords and decided to take them up on it. Having no discretionary income at the present time, I put to much hope into this particular effort. Thanks for the feedback.
Lose Weight-Get In Shape-Feel Your Best Ever
http://www.GetNHealthy.com

kakaboo
Trust:
Google Adwords doesnt really hate affiliates. check out some of the landing pages that are using Adwords and see what they are doing differently from other affiliates that ain't causing them to get banned
beldin
Trust:
@Kakaboo... that's sounds good... in theory. But there are so many users of Adwords that Goog can't get to them all... you may be modelling your program after someone who just hasn't been "caught" yet. I had that discussion with Goog when I received my first letter last fall.

Read the agreement for Adwords well, but realize that Goog changes their policies all the time and then retroactively applies them. My experience is echoed by many.

Their intolerance for affiliate links comes from wanting to improve the quality of their results. And, honestly, who can blame them. There are a lot of totally crappy sites out there with junk content and a million links on them. I know that I've come across them trying to do a legitimate search for something only to be stuck behind a wall of garbage results.

When I asked Goog about my initial letter, they were a little vague but said that, in part, my site falls under the category of "data collection sites that imply delivery of free items, etc.. in order to collect private information". In other words, I gave away a free eBook in order to collect peoples email addresses. This does not have to be on your landing page either, but anywhere on your site, regardless of where the ad takes the user. Other people are banned for completely different reasons.

I managed to dig this information up regarding Adwords:

Landing pages advertised via AdWords must have relevant, original
content, and must be transparent about the nature of the business
being promoted. Further, advertisers are prohibited from promoting
certain types of sites, which include, but are not limited to:
* Data collection sites that imply delivery of free items, etc., in
order to collect private information
* Arbitrage sites without relevant and original content that are
designed for the purpose of showing ads
* Affiliate sites without relevant and original content that are
designed to drive traffic to another site with a different domain
* "Get-rich quick" sites that make unrealistic promises
* Sites that are deceptive
* Sites that distribute malware or spyware
* Extremely misleading/unverifiable or inaccurate claims

Note the one about affiliate site and remember that the definition of "relevant and original content" is completely arbitrary.

@Jerry... Use your 100 bucks and stick to the policy as best you can. What's the worst that can happen? ;) And you may be one of the lucky who hits everything right on and dodges the indiscriminate swath of Goog's "banned" pen. But I stick by my advice of not relying on one source of traffic.
Stephen

beldin
Trust:
Well, even though my account is suspended, I just received a $100 promotional code from Goog... entered it and it's showing as a credit. LOL... guess one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. ;)
Stephen

This topic was started on Apr 29, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.