Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google showing old pages - duplicate content?

sixtos
Trust:

Google showing old pages - duplicate content?

Hey guys

I just did a google index search using, site:domainname.com and I found something strange. When I write an article it usually takes me a few tries to make it work. New keywords and new ideas.

I noticed that old pages are showing up in the index.

Will this mean that google is seeing duplicate content on my site and keep me down?

In Xsite there is no record of the old articles, so it must be once something is published there is a record of it even though the pages are no longer present on the website.

Anybody got some insight into this?

Hope all is well.
Have a good and funny day.

jasondodd
Trust:
Google generally keep a cache of a site which may not always accurately reflect the latest version when you do a site search.

Theres unlikely to be any duplicate content penalties as when Google reindexes your site it will discover the old page has been overwritten with the latest version.

You can also use Google webmaster tools to submit the latest sitemap.xml for your site or delete pages that are no longer current.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

sixtos
Trust:
Thanks for your reply.

I'll look into it.

Take care.
Have a good and funny day.

This topic was started on Aug 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.