Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google search queries when terminology is gobble-dee-gook

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:

Google search queries when terminology is gobble-dee-gook

Hi all,
As a newbie there is so much terminology thrown around I get completely lost. My site (still building) rated at 6 last week in the search queries on Google Webmaster Tools. It is now 1 but is this good, useful or does it have no real bearing on things. Just what are these search queries anyway given I have hardly any visitors to my site yet? I would appreciate and answers to these questions.
Regards
Kerry
faradina
Trust:
Search queries are the words that people put into google when they are searching for something. By doing keyword research you will be able to find keywords that are relevant to your niche and which have the right search volumes. Once you find such keywords you should determine whether or not they are "buying" keywords. Select the best "buying" keywords and target them on your web pages. If your site comes up when people type in those particular keywords, then you are ranking for those keywords and will have better chance of having people click through to your site.
If you find through google webmaster tools that you are ranking for the wrong keywords, you will have to take a second look at the content of your pages. Are they relevant to the targeted keywords? Is the content useful and of high quality? Having useful, high quality content that is relevant to the targeted keywords will help your pages get ranked for the correct keywords.

This topic was started on Jan 12, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.