Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google's +1 button

feeoshea
Trust:

Google's +1 button

I've been reading up about the latest google "invention" - the +1button which is, as far as I can see, their answer to the FB "like". It seems like you have to have a google profile in order to use this (much the same as FB profile to click their "like). Now, this leads me to think - are google trying to compete with the FB and try and lead into having these profiles as active as FB's? Should we put one of these buttons on our site? Is it really going to affect google's searches? and if so, what's to stop the spammer? I'd hate to see my rankings drop....worked too damn hard to get them up to the top spots!
I'd be very interested to hear from those of you who are much more savvy than I am.....
Cheers - Fee
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I heard that Google's social service is called Google Circles though Google said this was just a rumor and the company has no plans for a formal social network.

Google's +1 button will allow users to vote for pages and videos that they like and the votes will be displayed publicly. The button is still in experimental mode so I don't think you'll see any changes on your rankings yet. Some say that people would need an incentive to click on the button so Google might need to get you to add your Facebook account so that it automatically posts the site to Facebook if you click it.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

feeoshea
Trust:
Thanks for that. I also understand that you need to have a google profile in order to be able to use the button (bit like FB profile) and that it shows to your google "friends" ....if that's the case it seems like they are really trying to build a social media platform to compete with FB - don't know how that will go - I've one profile, and that's hard enough to keep up with!!!!!!
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Yes, you need to set up a Google account, then login, do a search and click the +1 button. You could go to this link to join the +1 button experiment: Google Experimental Lab :)
Michelle
Customer Support

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

feeoshea
Trust:
Thanks.
ludmilla
Trust:
Video on +1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAyUNI3_ ... r_embedded
Ludmilla
aveya marketing
Trust:
Guys i dont know if you have been update by the New! Gmail MotionBETA | it looks really exciting, i guess no more siting at the desk typing, they want you to move around like a mad person. what ever next from big G.
It would be nice to know everyone's thoughts on this ?
ludmilla
Trust:
Yes, I've seen it.

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

Don't know, hard to tell. I personally wont be using it. Why would I want to learn new moves if everything I do is already in my muscle memory? And having camera constantly on?

But maybe its just me, everybody raving about Facebook, I hate it.

Would be interesting to know what others think.

Ludmilla.
aveya marketing
Trust:
this movement thing sounds like a lot to remember, the guy in the demonstration looks really odd.lol @ludmilla you have made me smile.
how can you hate facebook.. that site has 500m people on that site. thats the population on the uk maybe more. to be honest i have only recently just got into it, starting a fan page and everything but havnt published it yet, it can defo be a benefit to anyones business. i guess the down side to it, it can take time when building a email list, but hey!! its well worth it.
well just me 2 pennies on the research i have done. it would be nice to know what other streams are you doing?
ludmilla
Trust:
I'm doing only SEO, linkbuilding, just started on the newsletter.
I do have fan pages, but haven't invited my friends to them yet. Its funny, with my real/friends/people I know, I wouldn't like to promote my pages.

And with profiles of friends I don't know personally I'm not sure it'll work. Have to get more people in before I start promote it. I've heard that you need to start promoting only after getting 5000 fans.

Twitter proved to me being useless, So I don't have big hopes for Facebook as well.

What about you Darren? What are doing?

Ludmilla
aveya marketing
Trust:
To be honest i havnt started doing news letters, but i know it is a powerful tool, it is on my to do list. I have got afew things that im lining up. SEO has been the basics on the learning curve still excited about it. ;-)
the path im going down is starting up a free training program for other people that can involving through FB fan page and Twitter. there are many tools on YouTube to link your website with FB and Twitter to viral your content without much effort and the tools are free, result. i find recommend to friends and family is really powerful because they know you, like you and trust you. Maybe the reason you cant recommend products to family you dont have much faith in your products. but i could be wrong.
Also i have started building an email list linked in FB so when they like the page they can give there email info.. is that the only issues your having with FB?
ludmilla
Trust:
As I said I didn't start promoting FB page, not enough followers, should be at least 5000. But now when I've started my list building I might do. It is on my to do list as well to involve youtube and I do have lots of tools.

I'm in 2 niches, one is weight loss and one aff.marketing. Cant really promote money making unless I make a living by myself from that, and I don't. So waiting.
And weight loss, ...I don't know.
Wait untill I have consistent income from all that affiliate marketing business.
aveya marketing
Trust:
I missed that 5000 bit. No you don't. It's all changed now. You can have a fan page/business page/brand page, i.e brand your own name, once you have either pages you can promote straight away. 

This is a Massive change, also if your promoting products on your main page you need to have your link to your money site, I.e your website. 
Read FB TOS, or you can add a shopping cart to your addons in FB and sell your products there, really good tool. I suggest having a look on YouTube for recent added videos on that topic, or if you have any question you can ask me and I will help as much as I can.  

There are so many tools on FB that makes my head spin :-/ it's all about try and error. I hate having that thought of I should of, why didn't I. That's why I got in to IM. I'm promoting a weight loss product starting to see sales come in slow but surly. Don't know about teaching people to make money, but still thinking about it for later, however, Watching the treads it's very popular topic helping people to make money, if I did decide to get into that I would teach people about facebook. I'm like a big kid with all these tools.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
aveya marketing wrote:Guys i dont know if you have been update by the New! Gmail MotionBETA | it looks really exciting, i guess no more siting at the desk typing, they want you to move around like a mad person. what ever next from big G.
It would be nice to know everyone's thoughts on this ?

Gmail Motion is actually Google's April Fool's day prank for 2011 ;)
Michelle
Customer Support

ludmilla
Trust:
Oh, it's so sweet, I didn't know Google does that!
Now it makes sence.
aveya marketing
Trust:
April fools. lol funny guys.

This topic was started on Mar 31, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.