Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google Page Rank Update

beldin
Trust:

Google Page Rank Update

Hey Gang,

Looks like Google updated page rank on sites today. I'm not sure if it even matters anymore but did notice a couple of positive changes. Anyone else?
Stephen

kakaboo
Trust:
what type of positive changes did you see??

well i was hoping that i would be fast enough to get at least a PR on one of my sites.. so that I can use that site for things like Authorithy Link network and article ranks to get free submissions... guess I was still not fast enough!
beldin
Trust:
Just a couple moved up to PR 1, nothing major... and no, none in my footer were effected. :(
Stephen

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Congratulations on getting a higher page rank, Beldin!

A staff of Google posted the comment below on this thread: Opinion about PR update

The PageRank which we use internally is continuously updated, so even if you're not seeing a PageRank in your Toolbar, rest assured that we'll be treating your site accordingly regardless, and will crawl, index and rank your websites appropriately.

We do update the Toolbar PageRank regularly, even if that's not as regularly as some of you wish. I agree that it would be nice to have it updated more frequently. Given the time since the last update, I imagine you'll start seeing another one in the near future.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

beldin
Trust:
Thanks Michelle!

So all things being equal, a bump in PR could/should/might help improve my rankings. LOL
Stephen

kakaboo
Trust:
^No one's really sure about that, but you can definitely do more things with a website with Pagerank than one without any ...
beldin
Trust:
Apparently it's bad for rankings! LOL The main keyword which had been on page 1 position 3 or higher for 6 months dropped to page 3 today. And all the other pages dropped in rankings as well.

I suppose sites would reshuffle after a PR update so maybe it's just a dance and will come back the same or better... maybe not. Google is a strange dance partner.
Stephen

beldin
Trust:
I have to admit PR is a mystery to me. Everybody seems to want it, but they can have it back. My site is now down to page 4 and dropping. I have not changed what I've been doing as far as linking, etc... but since we don't fully understand the how's and why's of Google we can never be sure what is effecting rankings.

Maybe it will come back in a few months.
Stephen

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
My Power Tip for Getting Ranking and PR is to remove your affiliate links of your site ;). Now this is probably not good for your wallet but I have seen that Especially Google tend to give what they call Bridged sites(affilate sites). less credit.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

This topic was started on Jan 21, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.