Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

google I'm sorry page

PremiumMember
janerobin
Trust:

google I'm sorry page

Is anyone else having a problem with google when researching KW? I am finding that if I am doing any research ie google keyword tool, KW blueprint etc and I have done about 30 mins, google just throws me out with an I'm sorry " page which suggests that google thinks I am automated in some way (I'm not that quick!) Its getting very frustrating. Sometimes it allows me to log back in wiht a captcha code but most of the time thats it. If I clear my cookies that sometimes helps but not for long.

I am using firefox but it also happens in IE. I have downloaded a spyware catcher as recommended by Google and that hasnt found anything and my own firewall and scans seem to be clear so it doesnt look like a virus or some other nasty.

Any ideas/similar experiences out there? Anybody found a way around it?

Jane
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
that is crazy.

I just spent 2 hours doing kw research for several new sites I am setting up, as well as helping out some of my clients, and did not have any problems myself. of course, I have an adwords account and am logged in when I am using the kw tool. ( it gives better results that way I have found out)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
janerobin
Trust:
Thanks.i will try just logging into it via adwords as well and see if that makes a difference. It does seem that this is a problem tho-when I search in google for help on this topic (when it lets me in that is!)

Any other ideas in case this doesnt work?

jane
mindfullseo
Trust:
Hi Jane ,)

if I were you, and if i was having this issue, I would suggest a few different solutions, first delete/or empty the cash in all your internet temp directories on your computer, and make sure that the cookies and all temp cache in your firefox browser is also deleted/or emptied, then RESTART your firefox browser, and give it a try ,)

Second solution, if you can get a hold of a google AdWords Coupon, then you will get to use the KW tool for free, plus you can create Ads in AdWords for what ever the coupon price is, and if u dont want to pay when its done, you can simply, stop using the ADs part of the account, you would then have. Thus, google will not kick you off for saying your a spambot, but it will allow, for you to stay on, as long as you need, plus as JP put it, you will get even more KW options and whatnot for having an account.

I would suggest WordTracker, SEOmoz, and SEOBook, for additional KW tools, plus there are so many more good tools out there so, I hope that helps, if you have any questions shoot ,)
Mindfull SEO

webmaster

http://www.mindfullseo.com/

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Are you using any tools like Traffic Travis? I know that when I am checking the progress of my web pages, if I have it set to look more than the top 100, I get a similar message.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
janerobin
Trust:
Thanks for all the help. I have been clearing the cookies etc. It doesnt seem to make any difference, but I will try the suggestions one by one and report back as someone else might run into this problem at some stage.

Jane
wollowra
Trust:
Yeah that's what I was thinking too grady.
Do you have any other automatic tools you are using that auto checks google keword tool?
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
janerobin
Trust:
Hi guys. I am just using the google kw tool at the moment. I have tried accessing it through my adwords account and managed a couple of hours that way before the sorry page came up.

I cleared all the cookies from firefox and all the temp internet files and closed FF. Worked for about 15 mins before the sorry page came up (going in again thru my adwords acc).

Closed off FF and went in thru chrome this time, adwords acc, kw tool, 15 mins then sorry...

I have run a full scan with my avg (paid for ) scanner and also downloaded and run spybot (which googles help page on this topic suggested) and still having the problem.

I am at a loss. I sometimes have TTravis open to recheck things but often not so there is no pattern there.

Any other ideas or have we all run out of them?

Has anybody ever tried telephoning Google for advice or is that just not worth it? they arent renowned for their customer service are they?

So any other help/ideas greatfully received
wollowra
Trust:
hard to pinpoint this one.
Try disabling your avg while doing it just to see if it is avg.
Also try searching on Google for the exact error message you are getting.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
janerobin
Trust:
Hi guys. Yes I have already searched on google and havent found an answer that has worked yet. Will try disabling AVG and see what happens

Thanks
jane
mindfullseo
Trust:
@Jane, have you ever just signed up for a new account via AdWords? I mean, if you are using the goole KW tool, for AdWords, and if you are having trouble with it loging you out, it is probably, because they want people who use there KW tool, to sign up for AdWords Accounts, in order to use them, thus is why you keep getting that "Google Im Sorry Page"............. well thats my last mention about this topic, hope it helps you! best of luck!
Mindfull SEO

webmaster

http://www.mindfullseo.com/

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
@ Jane: The captcha prompt or 'I'm sorry" page was probably triggered when you used Traffic Travis to query your keywords multiple times or if you set a higher number (e.g. 100 or higher) in the "Max Results per Search Engine" of TT's Keyword tools. This issue does not only depends on the number of keywords used. It also depends on the frequency you fetch result in Google. If the fetching is being done at a very small interval, Google will issue a captcha or I'm sorry page.

To avoid this, I suggest that you try 2 or more of the following:

1. Reset your internet connection to generate new i.p. address.
2. Clear your cookies and browser history.
3. Use a proxy server.
4. Do not do a simultaneous Start Update in Traffic Travis, give a wait for a minute interval instead.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

PremiumMember
janerobin
Trust:
thanks for that. I was using TT to check seo on sites and I twigged that having that open wasnt helping so I have slowed it down a bit and am trying that.
I have tried clearing the cookies and browser history and sometimes that does allow me to get back in with a captcha code but not always.Not sure how I use a proxy server so some help on that would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Jane
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
To use a proxy server with Traffic Travis, just go to the Settings tab > Internet.

Enter the IP address (e.g. 131.247.2.247) and port (e.g. 3124) in the Proxy host and Proxy port respectively.

If the proxy server requires username and password, you may enter this information on the corresponding fields. Otherwise, just leave these fields blank.

Click on the "Test Connection" button to test the internet connection.

You may use Google in searching for any free proxy server available in the Internet.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

This topic was started on Jul 15, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.