Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google doesn't display my SEO description

ellatep
Trust:

Google doesn't display my SEO description

Can anyone tell me why google doesnt use my seo description? I have a description on my pages and google always takes the description from a random place in my article. I also have a query on some of my descriptions and my keywords, can I pm someone? Thanks
ella
beldin
Trust:
Hey Ella,

Are you using an SEO plugin and Wordpress?
Stephen

ellatep
Trust:
Im using wordpress with affiloblueprint theme, with all in one SEO pack plugin. Ive done what they suggest in the 2.0 lessons.
cheers
ella
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Ella,

Can you please give us a temporary access to your WP admin area so that we could check what is causing the error? Please send your site URL and the temporary login details through the contact form at our support page.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Ella, please advise your site url or send a PM if you don't want to post it here.
carlmasure
Trust:
I'm interested in finding the answer to this question too because I'm having the same problem.

Thanks,
Carl
alexiswilke
Trust:
Google very clearly says that they will decide whether to use the "SEO description" (the Description META tag) or not. Actually, most often they don't use it unless you search for something that's not in the body of any of your posts. So the chances to see your description are rather slime today.

Now, as they say, it is a good idea to add it. Facebook, Digg, and other similar systems will make use of the description you put in...
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Ella, Fara already replied to your email. You haven't entered your meta title, description and keyword for your homepage. To do this, you need to go to your WP dashboard > All in one SEO and enter the information on home title, home description and home keyword.
ellatep
Trust:
Ok Ive filled out the description in the all in one SEO etc. I will see if it makes a difference?
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
It will update when Google crawls your site. :)

This topic was started on Oct 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.