Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google advice

alchemyim
Trust:

Google advice

Hey Guys

I got suspended by google adwords a few months ago, in fact it was only the 2nd day of my new IM career (and before I found affilorama). Due to this I can't do PPC anymore with adwords. My question is, will this affect the other google services and search rankings?

I am now following the affiloblueprint but I don't want to be blacklisted and would like to use analytics and maybe later on look at other things such as g+, alerts, adsense etc?

I can see that you can link accounts but does that mean they are totally separate entities and only affect each other if linked? or am I in trouble?

cheers

Jon
Using AB 3.0,

www.thesixpackcoach.com

www.internet-marketing-reviews.info

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Jon,

I'm sorry to hear you were banned in AdWords. I do not think this has an effect in any of the Google Services you use. Unless you take out the sales page you were banned for in AdWords then I do not think your being banned will have anything to do with your pages' ranking as well. You're free to use Google Analytics and other web services Google provides.

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

alchemyim
Trust:
Thanks Cecille,

As a side, I have tried to talk to google but all you get is the same standard response of 'we are sorry that your adwords account is suspended. We have reviewed your account and confirm you are suspended.'

very frustrating and not very helpful. I tried to explain that the website I promoted was not mine so I had no control and will only use my own going forward but seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I don't even get responses anymore.
Using AB 3.0,

www.thesixpackcoach.com

www.internet-marketing-reviews.info

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Jon,

I'm very sorry to hear that. Google is not known for their customer service. The best you can do now is to make sure your sites/pages are not in any way promoting the page/website you were banned for.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Google is notorious for the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. All of their projects are separate entities within Google, and being banned from one won't harm your sites in the others.

It is virtually impossible to get a banned adwords account reinstated. They don't undo a ban very easily, especially if it has been banned for promoting affiliate programs, which they are very strictly against now due to all the complaints they were getting against how people were managing affiliate sites.

However, it shouldn't affect your ability to use Google's other services with your site.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

gemini3rdeye
Trust:
I have had a different experience actually so maybe this could be a glimmer of hope.

In 2007/2008 I had my adwords account banned, I was just very ignorant at the time and apparently was advertising a pyramid scheme, actually in all honesty when I saw the money going up I thought I had hit the jackpot hahaha until I realised that was my bill!

My account was locked down and I totally forgot about it until 6 months after, realising how important this would be for me as an internet marketer I was very upset that my account had closed, I had been reading and researching throughout this time on Adwords.

Anyways, I sent them a letter and explained to them:

Hi Google,

I am really sad that my account has closed, in all honesty, I did not have a clue what I was doing and am upset that I was misled by an honest purchase I made online.

It is my dream to become a great internet marketer.....blah blah

Next day, my account was reinstated. Obviously the letter was much more emotional, powerful and shakespearian like!

Have a good day and good luck
The mind is everything

This topic was started on Jan 11, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.