Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

[Solved] Goggle Webpage Redirect Loop Error

dj_lawboy
Trust:

[Solved] Goggle Webpage Redirect Loop Error

It has been a frustrating 1 week trying to get back into Affilorama members forum. I tried everything from clearing cookie to uninstalling my browser. Nothing worked and infact i was not able to use any browser to access the forum.

Well today i manage to find a workaround and i want to share it to whoever is facing the problem or might in future, God forbid.

The way to access the members forum is by the opening the 1st Newsletter sent by Mark Ling titled "Getting Started with Affilotheme Part 1" via email. I clicked on the link which says
"Private Affilotheme forum" and like magic i was able to bypass the stupid error.

Oh by the way to add on, if this is a permanent error, than the above is a permanent solution. Yup, you got to click the link to enter the forum every single time. Thats what i got to do too. This is the fastest way i know apart from trying to clear your cookies and all that DOES NOT WORK. (well atleast for me)

I have attached a picture at the bottom, you can "right click" to view the image.

This is my very first message upon entering, Gosh what a relieve. Hope it helps someone. If you dont have the email, you may try request from our admin, not sure if they would entertain. But as a premium member, i would like to be entertained. Thats all guys... Out.... Errm Cecille, regarding my website.....

P.S : Admin, not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this topic. Just trying to help.

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Lawrence,

I'm glad to hear you're now able to access the Affilorama forums. It's still a puzzle to me why you couldn't before and why clearing the cache didn't help. Als, that link on the newsletter is the same link we give out in support, as well as when you click on the Forums link at the top of the page: http://www.affilorama.com/forum so I don't know why you're getting a redirect loop on those and not when clicking on the newsletter link.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you have access. If you have any questions on your website, just post it in the appropriate thread or send us an email through the contact form on our support page.

Happy Holidays!

All the best,
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hey Lawrence,

Is this still an issue for you? Can you access the forum without having to click through from the email?

We did have a split-test running on the homepage of Affilorama for about a month, which it turns out was actually doing some curly things like stripping content out of people's dashboards, and possibly corrupting the links to the forum.

If, when you visit the Affilorama homepage now (not logged in) you used to see a grey top with a computer, and now you see a blue top with a couch and a cat(!)... you were part of that experiment and you might have experienced problems.

That test has been disabled now, so if it WAS the cause, you shouldn't be having that problem anymore. Let me know if this is the case. (Or not the case, as the case may be.)

Otherwise we'll go on a bug-hunt :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

dj_lawboy
Trust:
Hi aletta, unfortunately i am still not able to access the forum via the Forum link button. Am still using my email to bypass. Regarding the homepage image, im really know sure. From the back of my head, i can only remember seeing the the blue couch with the cat.

Not sure if i saw the grey top cos the moment the page loads, my focus will be on the login area. Arghh, cant forget the frustrating moments.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Lawrence,

I'm sorry to hear you're still logging in through the link on the newsletter. Have you sent us a screenshot of the error through support? If not please do so. You can send us an email through the contact form on our support page.

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon. All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

dj_lawboy
Trust:
Hi Cecille

Almost a month is approaching and yup im still in the redirect loop error if i try to access the forum directly. I have logged the case before but the help i get is the same as i would get out in the search engines.

The problem should be with my com and not on your side as i seem to be the only one facing the problem at the moment. I have given up trying but have found the next best method to access the forum rather then accessing the link from the email as the example stated in my initial post.

Well all one has to do is to create a shortcut link from the email to your desktop. Name the file "Affilorama Members Forum" and that's it. Once im logged in to Affilorama, i just have to double click the file on the desktop and im in. Super fast alternative method. Hope this helps someone.

Lawrence
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Lawrence,

Happy New Year!

I'm glad to hear you were able to find a workaround for the issue. So far, you are the only one we know having this issue so it's possible that the issue may be with your computer. Are you experiencing similar difficulty with accessing other forums? Are your browser's cookies enabled? If they're not, try enabling them and maybe that will help.

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon. All the best!
Cecille

This topic was started on Dec 18, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.