Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Goal of 1 sale a day (hit & miss)

nates450r
Trust:

Goal of 1 sale a day (hit & miss)

Hi everyone, i wanted to know your thoughts on this.......

i have been promoting a product for about 5-6 months and am using ppc for most of the traffic
right now out of %100 of the monthly clicks to my site %55-%75 are clicking though to the merchant site (witch isn't to bad)

and like i said i have made sales But it is like 1 sale a month or 2 sales a month (and then nothing for 2 months)

if 55-75% of the visiters are clicking though does that mean the merchants page is not a good (sales page) or does it mean my landing page is not a good (pre sales) page?
or a combonation of the two??

it is frusterating to see all those $0.00 surrounded by a few $34.00 commissions in my CB acount

what can i improve to get at least 2-3 sales a week?
i don't think a goal of $70.00 a week is to high

Thanks
Nathan
sonitin
Trust:
If you are talking of clickbank sales than expect variations like that. You will get used to it. Infact if you see any clickbank screenshot that shows an even pattern of sales, then be skeptic about it.

"if 55-75% of the visiters are clicking though does that mean the merchants page is not a good (sales page) or does it mean my landing page is not a good (pre sales) page?
or a combonation of the two??"

Very hard to say! the gravity of the product should give you a fair idea.

"i don't think a goal of $70.00 a week is to high"
its too low and I think thats the problem, you are aiming too low. Target $70 a day at MINIMUM.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

nates450r
Trust:
the gravity of the product is between 320-350
well i know my goal is low but as of right now ive only made $87.00 (4 sales) sence jan.. with this one product : (( so $70 a week is a big step im going to keep on truckin along i just need some good advice on what i should try different
wollowra
Trust:
nates450r wrote:Hi everyone, i wanted to know your thoughts on this.......

i have been promoting a product for about 5-6 months and am using ppc for most of the traffic
right now out of %100 of the monthly clicks to my site %55-%75 are clicking though to the merchant site (witch isn't to bad)

and like i said i have made sales But it is like 1 sale a month or 2 sales a month (and then nothing for 2 months)

if 55-75% of the visiters are clicking though does that mean the merchants page is not a good (sales page) or does it mean my landing page is not a good (pre sales) page?
or a combonation of the two??

it is frusterating to see all those $0.00 surrounded by a few $34.00 commissions in my CB acount

what can i improve to get at least 2-3 sales a week?
i don't think a goal of $70.00 a week is to high

Thanks
Nathan

If you are getting a 50% CTR that is good.
if you have 1000 clicks and a 1% conversion rate that means you will make 10 sales from 1000 clicks.
If you are not getting 8 to 10 sales per 1000 clicks then.. you need to have more targeted Keywords and target the correct people.
If you are getting a 50% CTR and no one is buying after clicking... then that tells me that
1. the ad is not related or targeted enough or..
2. you are not using the right targeted Keywords.
3. Your landing page is not good.

Without really looking into the page and campaign itself.. it's hard to pinpoint it.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
ok,my goal for this week will be to polish up my adwords campagin and keywords thank you you for the info
sonitin
Trust:
well i know my goal is low but as of right now ive only made $87.00 (4 sales) sence jan.. with this one product : (( so $70 a week is a big step im going to keep on truckin along i just need some good advice on what i should try different

I have been thru that so I know what exactly are you going thru.

Anyway, are you offering them any kind of incentive to buy from your page? Any bonus etc. If not, then your review has to be very convincing (assuming you have a presale review page). A lot of people might go from your page to the merchant but they may still search for more reviews or promotions and buy from someone's else link. Spend sometime to see what your competitors are doing and how they are selling. That will give you a decent enough idea.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

nates450r
Trust:
yes the product comes with 6 bonuses (from the merchant along with the product) with that, when they buy from my site i am giving away 3 ebooks as well (9 total)

would it be better to show images of the Free bonuses

(in general) does having images of the the bonuses = more sales??
nates450r
Trust:
ok, i may be answering my own question here but i dont know how to translate it.

as i said the average CTR to the merchant site is %50-%75 however the CTR for my adwords ads are very low ranging from (%0.38-%1.47)
the daily average is around %2.00 (watch list)

what does this mean??
wollowra
Trust:
Ok, That's a different kettle of fish...
You said your CTR was 50%, I assumed that was for adwords... but it was not.
If you have 1000 ad impressions and you have a 1% CTR ( Click Through Rate) that means your getting 10 people to go to your landing page.
Hardly anything to smile about.
You really need to write a better ad and target your keywords at the right people.
You will need to get your CTR on adwords up to at least 10% by writing good ads and make sure it's a relevent ad.

Once you get your CTR up to 10% that means 100 people click on your ad and you will/may get 1 or 2 sales.
Google tend to favour accounts that have been around longer than a new advertiser as well.
Also, Your daily budget comes into it as well.
If you put a $5 daily budget... then you are not going to get many sales.

PPC isn't something that you can learn from a forum post... although you can read a lot of forums and piece it all together..
My advice ( If you have the funds ) is to get a good PPC guide to teach you the basics and how to get good CTR.
Mark has a guide here http://www.affilorama.com/pay-per-click ... -per-click
Also, if this is not enough for you.. PM me and I will send you to a good guide.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

sonitin
Trust:
Well wolowra said almost everything :)

Regarding bonuses, always display a picture and put a price value to the bonus. Just the way Mark does - but this and get xxxx amount of bonuses. Your ebook is only as valuable as you show it.

Other than that
-increase your CTR
- Get more ads to test
- try a different landing page
- try direct linking to merchant

- Keep trying till you succeed. this is not the game to give up, the rewards are too high :)

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
wall69
Trust:
Hi,

Have you tried using this free tool that predicts commercial intent?

Try it out, it's quite good.

"http://adlab.microsoft.com/Online-Commercial-Intention"

Hope this helps your campaigns,

Nicola x
Last edited by sydney on 19 Jul 11 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed broken link

nates450r
Trust:
hi i just entered my website and it came back with 0.71 probability
what does mean?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
I don't put much stock into this tool but it has it's uses...
Basically if you have a score of .70 or above and it say's Commercial Intent then it means it has a good chance of making money.
If it sais NON commercial intent, they think it won't be good for generating money.

Having said that... I find this inaccurate as I have typed in a URL that I know makes money and it came back with NON commercial intent.
Decide for yourself.
It has it's place as part of an overall strategy I suppose.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
ok thank you
clickbank07
Trust:
sometimes the product just don't click with your market....maybe you can try other products..

Don't be attached to that particular product...the key to making good money is to DUPLICATE and MULTIPLY...
## There is ONLY 3 Ways to ** DOMINATE CLICKBANK ** and Any Niches
## 2 Top Clickbank Marketers describe them in this 2 x FREE PDFs at ==> http://www.imreviewlink.com/cb-quantum.php

nates450r
Trust:
ya that is a good point but i personaly want to get this (website-product) off the ground. once i figure out the (salesmen fomula lol) i will duplicate & continue on to other websites & products.

i consider this website my (testing site) i know the product is selling, so im just trying different things untill somthing works out (mostly ppc- what a headache)
right now if i duplicated my results i would be more than 6ft under lol

This topic was started on May 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.