Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Getting started expenses. Give me your guesstimate

kurt
Trust:

Getting started expenses. Give me your guesstimate

This is a question for those who have experience. Lets say that you pick a niche and you pay someone else to write your articles for you at like Elance. Lets say you want 25 to 30 articles. Lets say that you don't just pick anyone, but someone who has experience and good feedback from others because you want good quality articles. Around about how much would you expect to pay for that?

Then, lets not forget that you have to furnish them with review copies of the products that you're promoting. Lets say that there are at least three products in your niche that you're promoting and that you're giving them star ratings. Some of these digital products can be pretty pricey. They may cost you more than a hundred a piece. Lets just pretend they are $100. for each one.

You may very well be able to get free review copys if you show them your website so they can see that you're serious about promoting. But lets say this is your first website so you don't have anything to show them. And this website isn't going to get created untill you supply your article writer with review copies. Besides, since you're giving them star ratings, why would any of these people want to furnish you with a review copy of their product when your promoting other products too and theirs is getting a lower rating? So you may only get one of them free (the top 5-star rated product) if that.

So now our getting started expenses are around what?

________ for 25 - 30 quality articles
$300 for three review copies (you can change that if you know the average price of a product)
________ for domain name and hosting
________ = Total getting started guesstimate

I'm just trying to figure out how much money I'm going to need. Thanks for giving me your guesstimate.
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
Creating a website is a minor part of the time required to build a successful online business venture. Building backlinks to your website are of prime importance will determine the success or lack thereof the site.

Your domain name can be acquired from any of a number of registrars for around $10 per year. The hosting too may be available from a variety of host providers for around $10 per month. This $10 monthly sum is for a "Baby Plan" allowing additional website domains to be added at a later date without incurring further costs.

Finding a good writer is a situation that can vary quite a bit based on finding a suitable writer. I would guess that you could find a suitable writer descent in english for around $20 per article whether these articles are for keyword subjects or product reviews.

Articles for publication on your website are only the beginning of your article needs. After the website is established you will need to acquire or write multiple articles for each of your 30 keywords plus reviews.

If you plan on hiring everything out including backlink building you are probably looking at somewhere around $5,000 plus or minus. The problem is you need to be knowledgeable enough to train your virtual assistant performing SEO duties. This requires experience on your part. The only way to acquire experience is through the act of doing.

We manage over 40 website domains. When calculating the total labor costs establishing a website including minimal SEO using minimum wage standards a website will cost $5,000. However, you need to learn how to create websites before you are in a position to hire others. The direct costs without adding in a value for labor is probably only 10% of that figure.

Affiliate marketing can be quite profitable if done properly. An individual entering this field has a great deal to learn to be successful. Most of us learn this by traveling the road of hard knocks. To hire someone without having knowledge is a journey into disaster.

Affiliate marketing at best is a labor intensive business. As one grows in this business they are able to hire VA's to free up their personal labor demands. Acquiring VA's are a major training effort. It may take several months of hit and miss trying to find a suitable virtual assistant.

This business is built upon hope, sweat and persistence. I wish you luck in your endeavors. Use Affilorama to learn the basics. Learn as much as you can. Follow ONE guru at a time following their plan through fruition. To do otherwise spells absolute FAILURE.

Good luck!

Margene
Last edited by newstart on 02 Oct 11 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
There's a guy on Affilorama named Ashton (aka n0thsa) who charges $6 per article and the quality is pretty good. So for 30 articles that $180.

A domain is $10. Hosting is what, like $150 per year or something? So that's $160 for the virtual real estate.

And you can get review copies even without showing a vendor your website. Most of the big fish don't have the time to really scrutinize you or your website (or lack thereof). Unless you're in the internet marketing niche, most vendors will be happy to give you a review copy as long as you "talk the talk" ("Hey dude, I'm an affiliate marketer thinking of entering your niche. I mostly do SEO, but if things go well, I might try out PPC with this niche too. I'd love to promote your product. Could you hook me up with a review copy?") and don't just sound like someone looking for a freebie.

So total cost to get started is $180 + $160 = $340.

If you write articles yourself, you can save $180 too.

Of course there's other tools too that you might consider like aweber ($20 per month), blog networks ($67 per month), etc.

But those aren't absolutely required. If you're on a tight budget, just pay for the domain and hosting ($160). Then spend a weekend with a six-pack (about $8-$10) and just hammer out your articles yourself.

Then, when you're done, start promoting with stuff like article marketing (free), forums (free), video marketing (free), etc.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Kurt wrote:
You may very well be able to get free review copys if you show them your website so they can see that you're serious about promoting. But lets say this is your first website so you don't have anything to show them. And this website isn't going to get created untill you supply your article writer with review copies.

You could post high quality articles that are not review pages. These articles should have good information that would provide a positive experience to your visitors. Showing that you have in depth knowledge about your topic/niche helps establish authority and trust with your customers and the merchant.

Kurt wrote:
Besides, since you're giving them star ratings, why would any of these people want to furnish you with a review copy of their product when your promoting other products too and theirs is getting a lower rating? So you may only get one of them free (the top 5-star rated product) if that.

You should give high ratings to aIl the products that you would be promoting. Your visitors just want to know that the product is good so promoting the products as the “best” will help them make a decision to buy the product.

You could have an 'Overall Best Product' and best product for different categories. Find a product that solves specific problems.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Oct 01, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.