Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Getting links from directories - is it worth it?

mclayson
Trust:

Getting links from directories - is it worth it?

Just watching the 90 day videos. In one of them it is advised to pay to get links in certain directories. PRs are given.

But the PRs are just the PRs of the home page. the actual links pages are zero (for the one I looked at at least). So, while a PR of 8 might mean google comes more often to the directory site, it does little for the power of your own site.

So what is the benefit?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Well, remember that the PR that you see isn't the actual PR, it's always a few months behind.

That being said, I wouldn't go out and pay for a ton of directories unless they were pretty good and you can see that some PR would eventually trickle down to the directory pages.

It also has to do with how much cash you have to spend, etc etc. If you can find cheap ones, I'd go with it, but when they're expensive, I think you can spend you money better.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

mclayson
Trust:
yes, I know about the delay in PR (which can go DOWN as well as up). But in my experience, it is pretty much the case that link pages have no PR whatsoever. Google will therefore dismiss the majority of them. I guess the other search engines may take them into account (for now). And of course there is always the possibility of direct traffic - but I would expect that to be rare.

Thanks for the reply.