Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Get MORE VALUE from Affilorama (for free!)

Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:

Get MORE VALUE from Affilorama (for free!)

Hello my wonderful marketeers :)

(Someone here coined that phrase - who was it? I'm totally borrowing it :)

Anyway, I have a question for all of you!

How could we make the Affilorama Premium Tools better?

Which tools do you use on a regular basis? Which ones do you think we could improve (and how)? What tools do you think we could and SHOULD add?

Do you use other, similar tools (and why do you use them over us?) What 3rd-party tools/products/services would you like to see us integrate into Affilorama (e.g. Clickbank Stats, Google Analytics).

Is there ONE THING you've ever wished we WOULD improve in Affilorama Premium Tools to make them more usable and useful?

You guys are great, and we want to give you more stuff without costing you an extra penny, so this is YOUR chance to convince us to give you exactly what you want! :)

I'd love to know what you think!

P.S. Sorry free members, this one's for the Premiums... but perhaps you could tell us which tools we could add that would convince YOU to subscribe to Premium!?
treadingwatr
Trust:
Affilorama is a great value as it is, but since you asked... Lol I never had much need of the hosting, as I host my sites on a cloud server, so that feature could go away IMHO. Traffic Travis would be a good addition, as would more PLR content in the form of articles and even videos (with a choice of voices, or a voiced version and a silent version with transcript). I'm pretty good with keyword research myself, but when I talk to newer marketers they seem to be confused by keyword "intent" so this may be a good module to add; while marketers talk about buyer keywords, we really want to intercept that customer right before they make the purchase. Focusing on those keywords may bring the greatest reward with the smallest effort. All in all, a fantastic product and membership. Exciting to see where you take it from here.
paulie69
Trust:
My suggestion relates to Traffic Travis! There should be a single one-time purchase option which allows for lifetime upgrades for free. I think it's a good tool - but an expensive one insofar that we have to pay for upgrades. And a lot of affiliates don't use it on this basis.

I think it's too expensive for a lot of affiliates having to continually pay to use it especially when most of the updates - between new versions - only appear to be bug fixes.

I love Traffic Travis but there are some other tools on the market - Market Samurai for example - which is arguably as useful as TT which offer a single payment for lifetime access. When that became available I jumped on it. And I would do the same for Traffic Travis.
paulie69
Trust:
Sorry... one more thing - it may be off-topic if so, sorry; mod's can you please remove?.

I would really hate for AMA to be included or recommended in anything. I used it for quite a few months and I firmly think it's a total waste of money and has terrible service. Reading around the forum here you'll find a fair proportion of others who feel the same way. I would not support or use any service relating to it. Just my opinion based on my experience using it, that's all.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Definitely some sort of a traffic travis deal would be great for the monthly payments. I rarely use any of the premium tools myself so TT would be great.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The Spinner - unless you changed it since last time i tried (about 6 months ago or so) I would like to see a save function. I spent 2 hours spinning an article and the power went out. I lost all that work because there was no way to save in the middle of the project.

the trusted sites tool - its a great idea, but most of the sites it returns are not accepting comments. a lot of them dont even have an option to leave any kind of links on their site, and trying to contact them has been a total waste of time and effort.

Also would like to see more of the premium newsletters and more interviews. Its all great stuff but not enough of it for me...
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
toby101
Trust:
i think membership sites should be about service and content rather than software. Sorry software just doesn't interest me.

Choice of recently developed plr content does - but only if I have a choice.
Choice of which magazine I wish to open access to for that month.
Choice of which interviews I can unlock.

If I have a choice then I can pick what I need - this is valuable to me.

Also transparency regarding content would be good. When was this plr pack written? When was the magazine written and has it been revised to the current market? etc...

[list=]More content
better quality content - especially the magazines
transparency of content's source
choice of content for the paying customer[/list]

just my 2 cents.
Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
@Speed: What sort of ways/which tools do you find limited, and in what ways?

@jmpruitt: Haha I fully understand your pain - we used to have the same thing in the Affilorama Site CMS (in the backend) - I'd be editing an existing article (and we could only save our edits live if an article was already live); I lost my work so many times due to inadvertently clicking the browser 'back' button and the like that I convinced our developers to stick autosaving in, so that's definitely something I'll mention about the tools :D

Thanks guys! Keep the ideas coming!
sub-zero
Trust:
I enjoy Premium membership for the forum and for the tools that are available however, there are a number of third party tools that I use as they speed up things that I regularly do. I will not actually mention product or service names here but mention what they do and although some of these are available as Premium tools there are others that do it better.

In my view solid research is a key to building an affiliate business and while TT is a great tool there are other services that provide more accurate and faster tools for both market and product research. Such tools provide focused keywords for both site and article creation. I use other tools to provide me with this function and then use my results in conjunction with TT (4).

I also use third party services for the purpose of building authority sites; i.e. quality content and back-linking. I use a simple formula; content, activity and linking.

Once all the systems are in place traffic generation becomes a very important factor to creating a profitable online business. As we all know there a free and paid methods; knowing of them is one thing but knowing how to effectively use them is another. I believe this to be an area where many fail (and I could have); I have learned this the hard way; i.e. make $1 and lose $2. That's not to say that I don't make money because I do but it was an expensive learning curve.

As I said the Premium tools are useful but they are not necessarily the best. I know that it is impossible to be everything to everyone and that many Premium members only stay for a year but if there were tools, services and information that saved time and money in the areas of research, building authority sites and traffic generation, members would stay longer as Premium membership would be key to their business.

I have also found that many marketers provide esoteric and general information with very little, step by step, "how to". Affilorama does provide good "how to" information with AB and AJP and while Premium membership does provide some useful tools it can be quite cumbersome and time consuming to learn how to use them as they don't get a mention in AB or AJP. Examples on how to use the tools and what results to expect would be a big plus.

Affilorama Premium membership does provide me with much of what I need for my affiliate business but I do use a number of other tools.
John Albrett
Director
Orinoco Limited
John.Albrett@live.com

plutonium
Trust:
Hi!

I would like to use an improved version of Search Ranking Genie. In my experience it was not accurate in finding the rankings. The overview could be improved so its easier to see your rankings (maybe similar to TT). Then it should be possible to check the rankings on autopilot. I don't want to login every time to start the checking process manually and then waiting until its finished. This should be done automatically once every day or once every week. Then it would be fantastic to get automatically an email after the process is finished with the actual rankings of my keywords shown in the email.

I have written a script for myself which does some of the above things, but I would like to see it in the premium tools, so I don't have to bother with that, because its time consuming to update the script in case something changes on the internet with the search engines etc...

Ok, thats enough for now ;-)

Regards,
Waldemar
PremiumMember
nitamunoz25
Trust:
I use some third party tools for keyword research. Integrating those into the site would be nice. I must say, I'm in agreement about the TT upgrades and updates for premium members. Most software purchases often come with free upgrades for life. For an improvement, maybe more variety or update of PLR articles? That's all I've got.

- Nita
Nida Sea

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Some of the most time-consuming things for me are:

*Submitting articles to article directories

*Submitting spin-formatted articles to blog networks (UAW, SEOLV, etc)

*Uploading emails to autoresponders like AWeber (especially if you have a year's worth of AffiloJetpack newsletters).

Is there any way to get some kind of software that does these sorts of things?
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
@jta001, @nitamunoz25: I don't suppose you'd be able to give us some idea of what those tools do (or, alternatively, their name)?

Thanks guys! Keep it coming!

This topic was started on Jul 21, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.