Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Get FB Ads Free WARNING

jason227
Trust:

Get FB Ads Free WARNING

G'day Everyone

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on this one. If, like me, you've been getting bombarded with emails about the new "Get FB Ads Free" latest amazing software, don't, under any circumstances go for it. It's dodgy and that's putting it politely. I looked at it myself on Saturday and something just didn't sit right about it so I Googled it. Up came a Warrior Forum post about it and turns out it's very dodgy and this guy has a reputation for it along with his products. And the part of his product that may actually work will probably only work until this coming weekend because FB are changing their algorithm.

I'm trying to be positive here but since Saturday I've had 3 emails from some well known maketers (including Richard Wing and Ken Leatherman) in the US to warn me about this product and the man behind it. Turns out his last product was dodgy too.

So if you're tempted by this offer, just remember the old saying about "If it sounds too good to be true..."

I know that in this game we get a lot of offers that do sound too good to be true and some of them are and others are legit. Just do a little bit of research.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn everyone about this thing before anybody got taken. I've been taken myself by a couple of guys with a dodgy product and I actually don't regret it. It was a learning experience that reinforced that lesson. Just do a little bit of research. I hope I'm not too late.

Take care everybody.
billj
Trust:
Yes you are 100% right! I've gotten those same emails and even given his product a little test drive so to speak and it does not work!
jason227
Trust:
Hey BillJ

Sorry you did your dosh mate. Go for a refund. It's okay to be nice and learn the lesson once. After that it's no more Mr Nice Guy. I just get annoyed with people like this taking advantage of good people who are just trying to get ahead. Good luck.
billj
Trust:
Hey Jason,

Thanks man.. I contacted these guys numerous times and now I'm contacting my cc company. I'm going to hit them with a chargeback.
rivihe
Trust:
Thanks for the warning Jason I didn't try it but did have a look into it. Its bit of a shame as I was sent it via supposed ethical marketer Anik Singal. Thought he was meant to be one of the good guys! Oh well

Cheers
sub-zero
Trust:
Hi Jason,
You have my sympathy that you actually sat through that c%^p and listened to it. FaceBook are no dummies and they would not leave a loophole in their advertising network, not when this is their only way to have even a slim chance of catching Google.

FaceBook advertising surpasses Google in the sense that the ads are better (image ads as opposed to text) and the demographics are way superior to that of Google so you have a better chance of reaching your target audience. Their ads are cheaper than Google and if you use FaceBook advertising as intended; i.e. as a lead generation tool, the cost per lead is way cheaper than that of Google and the conversion rates are higher due to the focused targeting. In the end, one gets what one pays for so those who do it on the cheap will lose what little money they have.

Thanks for the heads-up Jason, especially for those who don't know.

Cheers,
John
John Albrett
Director
Orinoco Limited
John.Albrett@live.com

jason227
Trust:
Hey Everyone

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to you all. Your thanks and support mean quite a lot. After all, we're here to offer support to each other and I just wanted to do the right thing and give everyone some warning, because, like I said, I've been taken myself once and it's not a good feeling. If I can do one thing to prevent it happening to someone else, I'll do it.

I know I'm breaking etiquette here a little, but I just want to address you guys who've taken the time to reply individually for a sec.

Bill: Go for it man. Don't let 'im take you. I'd love to see his face when he gets that chargeback. I'd just about pay to see it.

Riv: Happy to be of help. The only thing is, I think highly successful marketers may sometimes be able to be blinded just like the rest of us. I'm not saying Anik Singal is bad or even gullible but apply a healthy dose of skepticism when you see something like this.

John: Thanks for your detailed reply. Some sound advice there for all of us.

You guys are awesome and I hope to get in here and interact with you on a more positive note.

Take care all of you and thanks again.
mattyk72
Trust:
I think it's great that fellow Affilorama's are looking out for eachother and warning us all about the stuff out there that doesn't work, or is just plain cr*p.

I think one of my biggest problems in the past was jumping on every 'magic button secret formula undiscovered loophole' product that came along - hey, when you're desperate to make money online you'll try anything, right?

I've had to be very disciplined to focus all my attention on one (or two) things, and do them really, really well, but it seems to be paying off.

I think you guys are right - if it sounds too good to be true, it generally is. Plus, Facebook, Google or whoever it is aren't dumb enough to leave any loophole (if it exists at all) open for long - and do you really want to base your business and internet success on that model?
jason227
Trust:
Hey Matt

It's a pleasure to be able to help when you're able to. I was just lucky this time and if I'm lucky to spot another you can bet I'll be doing the same thing again. I know what you mean though, I get tempted with the "magic bullet" crap all the time. That's how I got ripped off once myself. If I can prevent it happening to at least one other person I'm happy.

Thanks for your kind response Matt, I appreciate it.

Take care folks

Jason
sub-zero
Trust:
An update on this; there is now an ex stripper (so she says with regard to ex) named Hayley Milano promoting the same thing. While I don't think Affilorama members would full for this, as she doesn't even come across as credible, the video itself does not even suggest it's the Get FB Ads For Free scam, but it is.

Be careful as there is no such thing as free FaceBook Ads but FaceBook Ads are a great lead generation tool if you are prepared to learn how they work and prepared to pay for your ads.

Cheers,
John
John Albrett
Director
Orinoco Limited
John.Albrett@live.com

jason227
Trust:
G'day John

I was warned about this the other day myself but hadn't got a chance to post about it. Plus I hadn't had a chance to decide whether to post it here or start a new thread. Thanks for saving me the time. If anyone wants to read an unbiased review about "Haley the Ex-Stripper" I suggest heading over to www.donandjeremy.com and look for it there. Like I said, it's a fair and unbiased review but to summarise, the word s#!t comes up quite a lot. In fact, I think the kindest thing they had to say was that the video cut down their pay per view expenses.

Thanks again John you're a legend mate. Pretty soon I might have to start picking your brain.

Take care everyone, and if anyone spots any type of scam, don't be afraid to let us know.

Cheers

Jason
hollieollo
Trust:
Hi Everyone, I am a new member on here, but I am no stranger to the hyped up crap that comes through my email each day
Just to put you in the picture about Jani G who is the purported owner of this product.
He recently launched a product called Auto Traffic Hijack. He was actually doing it as part of a JV with the programmer who built the software. For those who bought the software through Jani G, they found that it suddenly became disabled a couple of weeks ago!
That is because the owner disabled those accounts because Jani G did not pass on his share of the proceeds! That is the lowest of lows in the world of JV.
Loads of people are getting refunds via their clickbank accounts or chargebacks.
His next venture was Get FB Ads FREE. Nothing wrong except that you do NOT get the ads for free! They are "paid for" by advertising a CPA offer on the `fan page`, taking a `like this` click and then sending an upsell to the list created. A bit devious you might think, but if it works, well OK.
The problem is that they used the old FBML code to make the software instead of waiting a couepl of weeks and using the new iFrame system.
Now there is another stampede of `pissed off` buyers reaching for the refund button at Clickbank because the software will no longer work with FB.
That is not a bad record for 2011!
Incidentally, he states that his company is in the UK, and that address is on all his websites etc, but he actually lives in Singapore!
My advice is to give Jani G and his products a `wide one` whenever you come across them.
Just my two penn`orth.

Regards

Chris
jason227
Trust:
Hey Chris

Great to hear from you. Thanks for all the great info on Mr JG. I came across it myself but couldn't remember it all when I put up this post. It can all be found on Warrior Forum for anyone who's interested. All the things you outlined Chris are the exact reasons I put this post up to begin with. I just feel that if we've joined this arena to learn from each other that includes doing what we can to look out for each other too.

BTW: if the link I put in my last post takes you to Don & Jeremy's site, it may take you to their title page. Just try hitting the "Blog" button and it should (in theory anyway) take you straight to their blog without having to sign up and from there you should be able to find the review of Stripped Down Profits.

Thanks again for your comments and the great info Chris. I hope everybody reading this learns from it. Also, I just got emailed by Matt Carter a few hours ago. He's just put a post on his blog about how to spot a scam. I suggest everyone Google Matt's blog if they're not subscribed to it or on his list. It's a really informative post.

I'm just starting to get my head around how awesome this community is too.

Take care everyone.

Jason

This topic was started on Mar 07, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.