Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

FTC'S layout for affiliate websites

nates450r
Trust:

FTC'S layout for affiliate websites

Ok, everyone

a few months ago i read the blog post about the FTC wanting to regulate (our) industry (US based anyway)
but it was unclear to me what physically needs to be done to current websites to meet the regulations.

i read somtthing about you need to state on your website that your not the owner of the product,you are a affiliate for the product, and you will make a comminsion on sales...is this some what correct? its like your whole website needs to be a disclaimer or somthing. i am really confused and don't know what needs to be done.

as far as images,content, links etc.
can somone explain the the physical changes that need to be done?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
basically you have to disclose if a link is an affiliate link and let people know you make money for promoting the products.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

nates450r
Trust:
Are there any websites that i could look at for an example?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
still working on getting mine set to comply , you can see a a begining attempt of what I am doing at http://www.rpgguidesreviewed.com
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

nates450r
Trust:
so basiclly you need to let people know and state that it is a affiliate site

This topic was started on Aug 21, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.