Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Free Webhosting Or Paid Webhosting

gregc2001
Trust:

Free Webhosting Or Paid Webhosting

Should you use Free Webhosting or Paid Webhosting Or Is ok to have have a blogger blog or a wordpress blog to promote your Affiliate Programs ?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Honestly, although I started out on a free Blogger blog, they have too many restrictions that really hamper your abilities. I have seen numerous affiliates lose their business over night by a change in the policies by these free hosting sites. they are really meant for people runnning personal sites, not a business.

Pay for your own hosting. Honestly, if you can't afford $10/month, you should really consider whether you should be starting a business in the first place (this is a business and should always be treated as such)

However, you can use those free sites. they are agreat source of linking and building traffic through to your own site.

An added benefit is that owning your own site gives you an asset. You cant sell a site on Blogger or Wordpress.com because you dont actually own it. but you can sell your own site if worse comes to worse.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

gregc2001
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Honestly, although I started out on a free Blogger blog, they have too many restrictions that really hamper your abilities. I have seen numerous affiliates lose their business over night by a change in the policies by these free hosting sites. they are really meant for people runnning personal sites, not a business.

Pay for your own hosting. Honestly, if you can't afford $10/month, you should really consider whether you should be starting a business in the first place (this is a business and should always be treated as such)

However, you can use those free sites. they are agreat source of linking and building traffic through to your own site.

An added benefit is that owning your own site gives you an asset. You cant sell a site on Blogger or Wordpress.com because you dont actually own it. but you can sell your own site if worse comes to worse.

Honestly I think anybody can afford $10/ a Month but you are right if you have a website with blogger or Wordpress you can not sell something you own but thanks for the good advice James.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Your welcome. honestly, you would be surprised at how many people come in asking because they dont have $10/ month. heck, when I started, I couldnt afford it either. lost half my hours at work a week after buying AB, and lost my job a little over a month later.

I almost refunded and quit because I couldnt afford it, so I started freencing, using the skills i learned to help others build their sites. If you want to find a way, you will.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:this is a business and should always be treated as such

I agree. As with any other business, you need to invest your time and money into the project. Hence, get paid hosting. You are not only paying the webhost a fee to have your site/s hosted through them, you are also paying for support which is something you need a lot of when starting out.

As for whether to use Blogger or Wordpress, I suggest use Wordpress. It is more customizable than Blogger.

I hope this helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

waken
Trust:
That really depends on your 1) financial situation and 2) marketing needs.

1) If $$, is not an issue, why not invest in a shared paid hosting for less than 10 bucks a month? At least, you are building your own virtual estate.

2) There are many ways to promote affiliate products. If you're doing it the "Secret Affiliate Weapon" way where you build a one page squeeze page and collect leads and marketing through the follow up email, then yes, free host will do as you won't need a lot of space or bandwidth.

But if you're doing it the Sitesell (Ken Evoy's) way, then yes, you will need your own hosting.

Cheers!
Internet Business Made Easy
http://www.NetBizSimplified.com

back-links
Trust:
Hosting is a small fee compared to all the other expenses in this business. Using a "free" hosting company will eventually cause headaches down the road.

Some people try to save a couple of dollars using a "free" hosting company only to find out that they have to change to a different hosting company because the hosting company rules have changed. I am the type of person who likes to do things correctly the first time so I would suggest paying for a hosting company that proves to have very little downtime. For example, Hostgator works 99% of the time.

Also, keep in mind most hosting companies have unlimited sites you can add but in the fine print you may be limited on the amount of processor you are allowed to use. Basically, they do not want you to have too many videos on your websites.
Get .EDU backlinks or other needed backlinks to promote your website - - - http://www.googlecashincome.info

andrewp
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Honestly, if you can't afford $10/month, you should really consider whether you should be starting a business in the first place (this is a business and should always be treated as such)

QFT
This is so important that i thought it should be quoted one more time.

If its for personal use you can use free hosting , and free website builders, but if you intentions are to make a profit and run a bussiness get your brand out there, then you should choose paid webhosting.

Andrew

This topic was started on May 01, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.