Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Forwarding Service for Phone - Recommendations?

carlmasure
Trust:

Forwarding Service for Phone - Recommendations?

Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good telephone forwarding service, plus a new phone number, that will send all calls to voice mail that I can retrieve via email?

Thanks.

Carl
faradina
Trust:
Hi Carl, here are a few that you can check out:

TollFreeForwarding
RingCentral
my1voice

The above are paid services with which you can have many options like local numbers, toll-free numbers, vanity numbers, auto-attendant. What they offer are full business solutions.

The cheapest service that I know of with which you can get a number, voicemail sent to email, and the ability to call out via VoIP is magictalk. It's $19.95 a year to get a DID number and make unlimited calls to continental US and Canada.

Since I personally do not need the service options that those offer, I have a free virtual number from ipkall (they give you Washington state numbers) and use them with my free callcentric account. Voicemail gets sent to me via email as an attachment. When I need to call out I use google voice. When free google voice call outs are no longer available, I will probably use magictalk, unless something better will be available by then.
carlmasure
Trust:
Fara,

Thanks so much for your help!!

Carl
billj
Trust:
Yea tollfree forwarding is good, but I wont rely much on them because sometimes the phone just rings once.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I use skype for business. the phone service gives me a number, voice mail, and its pretty cheap. I can even use it for text messaging for a small fee per text.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

carlmasure
Trust:
Wow,

Setting up callcentric with Ipkall is a night mare for me. Seems everything's set up ok, but it doesn't work. I get an error message with a busy signal when I call my number.

I've heard there is an SEO benefit to having a phone number on your site's contact page. Is this true?

If not, I'll scrap the idea of having a voip phone number.

Carl

This topic was started on Feb 25, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.