Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

First Sale!!!

tdigitty
Trust:

First Sale!!!

So I started a website about 6 months ago...had some reviews written. Built some backlinks...about 30-40 of them. Got bored (negative about it) with it and stopped. It's just sitting there. It has good content, but no promotion for about 4-5 months.

I was sitting here today looking at my Google Analytics for a client site and noticed the green arrow on my affiliate site saying visitors were up 16.67%. So I clicked on it and saw that I had 17 visitors this month...whoopee. Then I started looking at the keywords they used to get there. The keywords were for a product name, multiple variations. I was curious how it happened, so I checked my rank for those words and they weren't too great...second page. And, my backlinks decreased to 7 total. Not very excited.

Then, on a whim...I logged into my CB account to see if anyone actually clicked on any of my affiliate links. And there it was...a sale. Someone actually clicked on a link from my site and bought a $45 ebook. I haven't logged into my CB account in 4 months! I forgot my password...I abandoned it. Also, the sale was made on October 12th. I thought that was pretty crazy...Had I logged in a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't have seen it and confirmed my negativity.

Anyway...what if I had actually worked it over the last 6 months? If a sale can be made with such lack of effort...what can happen with massive effort? The biggest let down of it all is that I know better.

So now, I have a renewed sense of faith. I'm re-optimizing my pages based on the keyword data I have and reviving the site. We'll see were it goes from here!!
tabarta
Trust:
Congrats man!

It goes to show you that an affiliate site really is a "standing asset" and works for you when you're not even working! :)

-T.
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
That's great tdigitty! Congratulations. :)
faradina
Trust:
tdigitty wrote:If a sale can be made with such lack of effort...what can happen with massive effort

Lots more sales, I'm sure :)

I am also pretty sure, now that you are actually working on your site again, that your site will be generating a lot of sales. Perhaps not immediately, but surely.

Onward and upward!!!!
shawnkonig
Trust:
Congrats .. The first sale is always the hardest, but then you get sucked in to this business : )
Affiliates Fight Back! Are You Being Robbed? Best $1.97 I ever Spent - http://bit.ly/WSORamos

The Wizard of Oz Pulls Back the Curtain & Gives Away His $37 Report for FREE! - http://bit.ly/WizardofOz1

michael025
Trust:
Congratulations dude!!!! this could be the first step to your new empire : )
dave333
Trust:
Congrats, just keep plugging away at search engine rankings and link building. Top of google is where the money is for those product review kws.
http://www.affilorama.com/forum/post69742.html#p69742 - Affilorama Services: SEOJuice - FREE SEO TRIAL ON NOW!

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It's a good thing you checked your account :) Congratulations and all the best to you, Tdigitty!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

tdigitty
Trust:
Thanks guys!
alorrieaj
Trust:
Hey man...congratulations. I'm new at this...just signed up today, and am looking forward to the future. It's a good thing you looked up your account on a whim. Keep up the good work...the first sale is always the hardest!
bmusic
Trust:
Hi tdigitty,
congratulations indeed! I am always happy to hear such good news.Especially the not-overnight-success. Again your message proves that only consistent hard-work, which by the way it´s also fun-work at best, pays off.
I´m still new to affilorama too and really not hard-working on my affiliate site right now, but I look at it from a long-term perspective.
Thanks for the wake-up-call and update us on your 2nd etc... sale and also what worked and what not.
Good luck,

Bill
tdigitty
Trust:
Thanks Bill, will do!
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
alorrieaj wrote:Hey man...congratulations. I'm new at this...just signed up today, and am looking forward to the future. It's a good thing you looked up your account on a whim. Keep up the good work...the first sale is always the hardest!

Thanks for joining Affilorama, Alorrieaj :) Check out the free lessons on our site :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

darlenen
Trust:
Congratulations! I remember my first sale. It's a great feeling, isn't it? And it's just the first of many.
unit
Trust:
Congrats tdigitty,
I'm new to this as well and I was getting sorta bored with it, then bang I made a lucky sale and two weeks later another. It really helps to get a boost and know your hard work will pay off. Good luck
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

PremiumMember
elogic0007
Trust:
Hey tdigitty,well done... look to the future with anticipation and much more excitement every single day,your efforts will be well rewarded. just keep going.
tdigitty
Trust:
Thanks guys for the encouragement!
m0ney
Trust:
Congrats & keep up good work!
Work Smart Not Hard!!

This topic was started on Oct 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.