Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Finding great pictures for my website

jabujohn1
Trust:

Finding great pictures for my website

I haven't been able to find this information in the resources, and if I missed it, my apologies.

Anyone know where I can find free pictures for my website? I have the content, but no pics. Help!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
You need to be really careful with "free" images. In fact, you have to really read the terms of service for any image you use.

Do a browser search for stock photos. One of the more commonly known ones is sxc.hu. You might also search for "open source" image, as these will often be able to used in a wider range of things that your basic "free" one.

My favorite place to get images personally is iStockphoto (not an aff link). Yes, you do have to pay for these, but the good news is that 90% of the time, all you really need is the smallest size, which also happens to be the cheapest. In fact, about 90% of the time, I find what I need in the Dollar bin, which means I only pay 1 or 2 credits for my images (which works out to around $1 to $2). Most of the time, you'll have to crop, cut-out, and/or re-size an image to make it useful to you anyway. Also, you'll find the greatest freedom with most of the images here without having to go through as many hoops. Still, make sure you read the Terms of Service and follow them.

There are others, so like I said, search for stock photos to find them.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

jabujohn1
Trust:
Thanks for the info.

This topic was started on Jul 12, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.