Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Facebook

mark.metcalf
Trust:

Facebook

Hi
I was just wondering if Facebook is a good way to increase traffic to a website .My website www.i-subbie .com has now been running for just over 5 months .We have a Facebook page and we have around 200 Facebook likes but no visitors from Facebook to the main website .i am begging to believe that all that promoting a website on Facebook actual does is promote Facebook and therefor have an adverse affect on a sites own traffic.
i am probably incorrect and doing something wrong Any advice or opinions would be most welcome
Thanks
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi mark.metcalf,

I think it boils down to what you do with your site's Facebook fan page. Do you post links to articles on your site? Do you engage your potential readers/market? Social media sites are powerful in that they speed up the dissemination of information (just think about how TPain tweeted the Gangnam Style video and now it is a worldwide hit). The following threads might help:

How to get more FB likes, comments, etc
How do you generate traffic from facebook, twitter, etc.

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Beyond proper interaction, you also should have your page setup correctly with links to your site, a good short bio paragraph and well thought out about page. People may enjoy what you post, but if you don't make it easy for them to find your site (one click) then most won't be bothered.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

jay3
Trust:
mark.metcalf wrote:Hi
I was just wondering if Facebook is a good way to increase traffic to a website .My website http://www.i-subbie .com has now been running for just over 5 months .We have a Facebook page and we have around 200 Facebook likes but no visitors from Facebook to the main website .i am begging to believe that all that promoting a website on Facebook actual does is promote Facebook and therefor have an adverse affect on a sites own traffic.
i am probably incorrect and doing something wrong Any advice or opinions would be most welcome
Thanks

Hey Mark,

Personally mainly use facebook for branding and driving social traffic to my sites. Makes more sense that way IMHO.

If you are going to drive traffic to affiliate based offers then sending fans to squeeze pages where they get something valuable also works.

Just remember to mix it up i.e. 1 affiliate "soft sale" every 4 info posts. That's what i do.
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

mark schaaf
Trust:
since I don't have a facebook page at all I don't plan on bothering, I am told how I could get a lot of traffic through facebook but from what I have seen from my friends who have face book It would almost take as long to figure out how to use facebook as it takes to put a new small site together, then I would have to maintain it with stuff and I just don't think it is worth all that extra work.
Mark

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Social networks marketing is an important component of online marketing success.

Of course you don't have to take advantage of it (or of any other marketing method) - unless you want to use every avenue toward success. Sure, it takes extra work and learnings - what doesn't that has any value?

The experts at Affilorama certainly recommend using social networks in your marketing - and it certainly helps me (and my marketing clients) get traffic. I don't find Facebook business pages as useful as say a Squidoo Lens or a PPC campaign, but they do work. Perhaps some people only use their Facebook personal profile, rather than setting up a business page? That doesn't work so well. Incidentally, Facebook's own PPC works well for me (when used on a Facebook business page).

Hope this helps....
_jim coe
strick
Trust:
I have several business pages set up on facebook and each has different tabs that show up nicely from my desktop. However, when I view from my android phone, none of my additional tabs show. I have the lasest facebook app installed on my phone. Is there an adjustment that can be made to change this?

Also, I have used Static html iframe tabs and recently added google analytics from http://ga.webdigi.co.uk/
However the analytics only work if you click on the added tab and do not show analytics if you enter from the primary page. Appreciate any comments.

Thanks,

Jim
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Jim,

I have several business pages set up on facebook and each has different tabs that show up nicely from my desktop. However, when I view from my android phone, none of my additional tabs show. I have the lasest facebook app installed on my phone. Is there an adjustment that can be made to change this?

It's possible that particular feature does not work for mobile phones. You might want to get in touch with Facebook support for further assistance.

Also, I have used Static html iframe tabs and recently added google analytics from http://ga.webdigi.co.uk/
However the analytics only work if you click on the added tab and do not show analytics if you enter from the primary page. Appreciate any comments.

From what I understand of how iFrames work, the page the iFrame is on is a separate page from the page that appears on the iFrame. You need to put the analytics code on the main page.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

strick
Trust:
Thanks Cecille. I found out after I submitted this post that tabs that you set up do not show up on mobile. You can work aroung this with another 3rd party like Lujure/Heyo that has an interesting platform.
contact12
Trust:
Facebook certainly helps to increase traffic to a website, but I find that the conversion rates are really low. I'm sticking with my old and tried strategy of trying to rank well in Google naturally (even though this is getting more difficult to do). It is the only way to get proper conversions from targeted visitors, and for no cost (as opposed to PPC).
esolutions
Trust:
contact12 wrote:Facebook certainly helps to increase traffic to a website, but I find that the conversion rates are really low. I'm sticking with my old and tried strategy of trying to rank well in Google naturally (even though this is getting more difficult to do). It is the only way to get proper conversions from targeted visitors, and for no cost (as opposed to PPC).

Facebook traffic as opposed to search traffic is not necessary looking to buy anything or solve any kind of problem. People are there to waste time, see what others are saying, stay in touch with friends, etc. So if you are trying to promote your stuff outright, it's not going to have high conversions. Facebook is more effectively used to build awareness, get people to know you, what you're about and what you offer and why you're great.

THEN

When they or someone they know has a need for what you offer, you will be the first person that comes to mind.

It's more about a long term relationship than one off sales.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

padswe1970
Trust:
I think Facebook will not give you targeted traffic.

This topic was started on Oct 18, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.