Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Ezine Articles - affiliate links

janic62
Trust:

Ezine Articles - affiliate links

I understand that you cannot link form Ezine articles to your affilaite link. I have written some articles for a product that I do not have a website for.

I have seen that some authors use web address that they own then re-direct to there affiliate page. thus removing the need to have Squidoo lens page which then directs them to your affilaite link.

How do you do that?, I have a spare web address that I am not using at the moment, so I could use that.

Any advice would be great
isle15
Trust:
Not sure where you bought the domain from, I use godaddy and on the site you click on your domain name and there will be a link that says advanced details, then on the top menu you will see a link that says forward, the drop down menu will ask if you want to forward a domain or subdomain, choose one and there you want to insert your affiliate link and thats it.
PremiumMember
sybiantex
Trust:
Or, you can place an index.html file on your root domain (/public_html/).

The contents of the index.html consist of a redirect, with your affiliate link in the code. Thus, when someone clicks your EZA link, they are taken to your site homepage and are redirected to the affiliate sales page, with your affiliate ID included. Here is the code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <title>Stop Dog Barking</title> <meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://affiliateID.vendorID.hop.clickbank.net">
</head> </html>

Just substitute your title and affiliate link and then save it as index.html. With your fav FTP program, upload the index.html file to your root directory. Then type in your URL in a browser and you should see it redirect to the sales page. Confirm your affiliate ID is present, by going through the order process. At the bottom of the Clickbank order page, you should see your affiliate ID.
janic62
Trust:
Thanks for these great tips, will try them once the Super Bowl is over
clarafaie
Trust:
You can also use the redirect methods mentioned in the lesson How to hide your affiliate link with redirects
http://clarafaie.net
Full-featured Business web hosting, with Unlimited Data Space, Unlimited Monthly Traffic, 500 E-mail Accounts, and 20 MySQL DBs for each of up to 5 domains for only US$90 a year. Also available: Starter, Corporate, and Enterprise plans
We also setup and/or migrate your WordPress sites to our servers for you. Email wpsolutions@clarafaie.net for more information.

This topic was started on Feb 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.