Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Explanation of Affiliate Directory terms

PremiumMember
fierystock
Trust:

Explanation of Affiliate Directory terms

Hello,

Is it possible to get an explanation on the affiliate directory terms, such as rating, tier, reviews, etc..

Escpecially on how the rating is determined.

Thanks,

Ted
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hi Ted,

I'm not sure how the rating is calculated, hopefully Mark can shed some light on that.

Tier: A one tier program means you earn money by selling to someone. In a two-tier program, if you sell something to someone, who in turn goes and sells that again, you get a small commission on it. Is that clear?

A recurring commission is something that pays out again and again. eg A monthly subscription to something.

Hope that helps
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
fierystock
Trust:
Thanks Sean06!

That was very helpful. If Mark can comment on the rating scale and how this is determine, it sure would help.

Thanks!
PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
Hi there,

There is two ways the rating is calculated.
1 - Manually where one of the staff here check over the affiliate program and set a rating accordingly. Not many sites are manually rated.

2 - Automatically where it's based off a number of factors, these factors include
- payout percent / dollar
- any referal percentage
- allow for two tiers
there is also two other factors but I wont go into those (secret squirel) but I hope that helps. So the rating isn't random or based off nothing, there an actual calculated rating.

Hope that helps =)

Regards
Nick