Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Expectations - is it too much? Advices needed :)

PremiumMember
john.fitzpatrick
Trust:

Expectations - is it too much? Advices needed :)

Hi all,

I'm a senior web developer (and SEO expert), and I consider myself to be a very good one -but I'm also a complete newbie as a marketeer and I have very little experiencd in it. I also hate to write, but that's something where I have to make a turn :).

I now decided to start building a set of websites identifying niches, building blogs with original well researched content (from myself), get users and convert them into customers. Same old same old for you all, I guess :). I wuld buy AB and follow it by the letter, focusing on a single site initially.

Would it make sense to have expectations to generate a monthly income of 2000€ per month within 6 months, with 20 hours of dedicated work a day? And I mean passive income, that doesn't require more than 1 hour a week for fine tuning.

I know that everything depends on niches, luck, etc.... but, based on your experience, does the target seem achievable?

Thank you for your time and apologies if this sounds like a stupid question
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi john.fitzpatrick,

It is possible but to be quite honest, I would say it would take about 6 months or more before you start realizing that goal. If you already have several sites up, then you need to make sure to manage them all well, drive traffic to them, build backlinks, etc. Managing one site can take up a few hours each day, what more 3 or more? But if you do have the focus and the management skills, then it would not be so difficult, or crazy, at all.

I suggest you write down you goals in a timeline, then create a daily schedule that will get you closer to reaching that goal each month. More importantly, keep your drive, passion and commitment. The game is over once you lose the right mindset.

Hope that helps. Have a good weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
john.fitzpatrick
Trust:
hi Cecille, thanks for your reply.

when you say 3 hours a day per site, are you talking about the set up process or about the time it takes to keep them profitable?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Managing one site can take up a few hours each day, what more 3 or more?

I meant 3 or more websites. Managing several websites can take up your time, even if you do outsource most of the tasks. Even then, you would be managing the people you outsource so you can keep tabs on which writer is writing for which website.

You never really ever stay away from your sites, especially now when Google is constantly changing their algorithm.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

I agree with Cecille. One thing that stood out in what you said is that you hate writing. So don't do it! You can outsource quality writing at affordable prices which allows you to focus your time on more important aspects to your mini online empire:)
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
If you need to outsource your writing tasks or any other task where you feel you do not have time to complete or unable to do yourself, then you can go to websites like iWriter, oDesk, or eLance. There's also Affilorama Services.

Mark recommended iWriter a few months ago. You can read his post about it in the Affilorama Blog:

3 Good Reasons to try iWriter

Have a good day!
Cecille

This topic was started on Feb 24, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.