Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Email Traffic Conversion tracking

artivejoy
Trust:

Email Traffic Conversion tracking

Hi OnlineMarketing Expert,

I've a question regarding Email Traffic Conversion tracking.

Situation:
1. One website
2. 10 affiliate offers on this website.
3. Traffic source: PPC, Email traffic

Tracking tools
1. Google anlytics
2. Prosper202

So if one user read my email newsletter and click the link and go to my website, and he click one affiliate offer and complete the action.

How can I track this conversion, then I can see this sale is coming from email traffic.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
if it is a clickbank product, you can use tracking Ids and set up separate affilaite tracking ids for your email links and your site links, this way, you can see where it comes from.

you can also use aweber's Click Tracking, and compare the time the clicks came through with the time that the sales went through.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could find instructions on how to track your traffic using Google Analytics on this page: Campaign Tracking

Google analytics also has a URL Builder tool which you could use to create URLs for your custom campaigns.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

artivejoy
Trust:
Thanks jmpruitt, they are all affiliate offers, Yes, I can setup subid in the email when I send to them. So I can track conversion if they click the link in my email and buy that offer.

But what happend if a visitor click your website link in the email and go to your website, then he buy another offer(The offer on my website will not have the email subid)?

Thanks michellerana, I know the URL builder tools, but it can only track traffic source, and it can't track conversion.
artivejoy
Trust:
Any one know the answers?

This topic was started on Oct 27, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.