Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Email / Autoresponder query

icj1
Trust:

Email / Autoresponder query

I guess that if the majority of members who have followed the course material, then they will be using Hostgator, Cpanel and Aweber autorepsonder?

Using these criteria, does anyone have an email address that is registered elsewhere than with Outlook/Express? I see the OE family is Cpanel's only option, by default but I do not really want to use a computer-based email address. I'm looking to use the format info@mysite.com

Is there a way round this? Is there somewhere in the course that shows me how/where to register a web-based email address?

Thanks
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I setup all my web based emails from Cpanel. Just go to add/manage accounts and do it from there. It's pretty straightforward, but let me know if you have any problems.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

icj1
Trust:
Thanks Sean, yes, I can get through to the configure mail client page, and note the settings options, but once you've done that and auto (or manually) configured your added address (to MS O or MS OE), are you then able to access it through ANY computer - other that your own? if so, how?

For instance, surely I wouldn't be able to access my mailbox through a friends PC which hasn't got OE installed/configured? hence it's presumably computer, not web-based?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I have all mine setup for my outlook express, but you can logon to your mail pretty easily. It's usually at www.yoursite.com/webmail or something like that. You can also logon through your cpanel.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

icj1
Trust:
Many thanks Sean
icj1
Trust:
Sorry Adrian, one last (I hope) thing; there are 3 webmail options under the webmail icon in Cpanel, what's the difference/relationship between them and the link you mention?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I think you meant "Sorry Sean"? hehe

Are you talking about Squirrel mail and a couple of others? Those are just different programs used to view your mail. Personal choice.
icj1
Trust:
Oops, Doh! Thanks both : )
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Anytime :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

icj1
Trust:
I seem to have landed on "Horde" by virtue of hostgator on line help suggestion. Does either of you use it? I found some help online but it doesn't mirrior the current spec that I get when signing in.

I (seem) to be able to create extra folders, which, since I typed in mysite.com for the name, created another sub-folder named .com, I cannot delete and start over because an error message flags up telling me I've no mailbox entitled mysite.com. I cannot seem to find anywhere to add a mailbox (within Horde) and assumed this was what I was doing when adding another folder - obviously not...

I have somehow managed to successfully send an email to another address of mine from here, but cannot receive anything in return. Also, I can see stuff in the "sent" box

Shall I throw this into the forum as another separate open query?

Thanks
crowzy
Trust:
Hi icj1,

I am not with Hostgator but it seems they use similar, if not the same, CPanel as my host so you can check out these tutorials.

www.vodahost.com/tut_cpanel.htm

and then

www.vodahost.com/tut_email.htm

Hope you'll find some help there.

Cheers
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hmm, I've never used that, so I can't really help you. Speak to hostgator support, they always manage to solve my problems.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi icj1,

What exactly are you trying to do by "creating extra folders"? Is it just for organizing your emails? I'm confused because you alternately talk about "mailboxes" as well. If you want to set up different email addresses for your domain (ie. joe@yoursite.com, meg@yoursite.com, info@yoursite.com) you do that elsewhere in your cPanel.

Once you've set up different email addresses/accounts, you're able to have them forward to your main account, so you get them all in the same inbox.

Also remember that until you set it up otherwise, you're only going to be able to receive email to username@yoursite.com, where the username is the name you use to log into cPanel.

Let us know if you need help setting up different email accounts.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

icj1
Trust:
Many thanks for v.helpful replies; all sorted now!