Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Ebook Product Not Converting

carlmasure
Trust:

Ebook Product Not Converting

Hi all,

I built a 35 article AB style website with unique content and newsletter opt-in. Almost all my traffic is from google organic. People are clicking on my affiliate link, but they are not buying. Strangely, the gravity of this product is very, very high.

And, people are signing up for my free 6-part mini course that was provided by the creator of the product. They read the course, but rarely click on the affiliate links within the course itself.

I'm wondering if there are any thoughts about when to drop a product that does not convert. I've had 200 hops with no sales. I'd expect that at least after 100 hops or so, I'd at least get a couple people click through the sales page to the order form, but no such thing.

So, when should you drop a product that doesn't seem to convert?

And, could the creator of the product be "gaming" clickbank gravity to attract more affiliates?

Best,
Carl
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
If the product has high gravity, (which means it has a great salescopy that converts visitors to sales and affiliates that are promoting the product are earning) then it's possible that you're not targeting buying customers. I suggest that you request for a full critique and post your site URL in the Affiloblueprint Members Site Review forum. I'm sure that will help monetize your site.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

carlmasure
Trust:
Thanks Michelle,

I will do that.
billj
Trust:
I'll definitely want to review your site personally... I have a website that sells an average of two products every 50 hops.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
another thing to consider is that 200 hops really isn't that much. altough we talk conversion rates alot, it is always an average over time. I have some products with over 1000 hops and no sales, then i get 10 sales in the next 50 hops.

there are a lot of other factors to consider before dropping a program. look at numbers, the specific keywords you are targeting, the layout of your links on your site, and how well you are pre selling people before they see the offer.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Mar 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.