Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

e-book writing cost???

feeoshea
Trust:

e-book writing cost???

Hi there, I'm wanting to know what is a fair price to have an eBook written. (this is my first one) I have all the research, have the photos and the front cover and can make it look pretty. I want about 80 pages. I have a very good article writer who hasn't done eBooks before but is very interested, so he's asked me to suggest a price???????
Cheers
Fee
PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
With pictures, an 80-page ebook would be between 15,000-20,000 words. If the research has already been done, then the writer should be able to write 800 words an hour, meaning 25 hours to write the eBook, with a few extra hours on top of that for editing. How much do you feel comfortable paying for 25-30 hours work?
feeoshea
Trust:
That's great - it's what I needed to know. I know his hourly rate so that works with my budget.
Thanks very much
Fee
jpastorizo
Trust:
Fee,

The rate really depends on what the writer can do and how fast he writes. I mean, some writers have a rate for each 400 word article and they would have a rate per hour. One of my writers can do two 400 word articles depending on the topic. If the topic is a bit challenging then it maybe just one 400 word article per hour. I have had 2 short Leadership ebooks written by another writer of mine and I base the price on the number of total words. So if I want a 40,000 word ebook and my writer's rate is $4 for 400 words then the ebook would be priced at $400.

Since your writer does not have experience writing an ebook yet, make sure he clearly understands what you need done because writing an ebook is a bit different than just writing several articles. This is because the articles should flow from one to another and be able to make the reader understand the point starting from page 1 on to the last page. Set expectations with your writer and it will be cool. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

feeoshea
Trust:
Thanks Renato - Good 2 cents worth.
Fee
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Fee, it really depends on who you get to write it. You could probably find people to write you an entire book for a couple hundred dollars, although most will probably charge a lot more.

I probably wouldn't pay less than $500, but somewhere between $500-$2000 is probably a decent ballpark figure. But it's kinda hard to say because every writer is a little different.

That being said, 80 pages isn't huge. I prefer to have all my ebooks over 100 pages because people can feel a bit ripped off if the book is less than one hundred pages.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

feeoshea
Trust:
Hey Sean,

I was hoping around $450 as I have to take into consideration exchange rate (NZ$ sucks). As there will be illustrations I am thinking that there will be about 75-80 pages. The price of the book will be under $15.
Am I on the right track??????
cheers
Fee

This topic was started on Aug 10, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.