Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Duplicate Content - same articles on directories & own site?

PremiumMember
joseph1
Trust:

Duplicate Content - same articles on directories & own site?

Hi everyone and I do hope someone will be able to help me with my question which is: I have had several articles approved and are published in the 'Article Directories', if I then have these same articles on my site as well, is this then viewed as duplicate content? We all know how Google generally views duplicate content unfavourably and I certainly dont want anything to affect my site.

If someone can help that would be fab.

Joseph.
Last edited by michellerana on 01 Dec 09 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe post better

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Joseph,
I would definitely NOT put duplicate content on my own site, especially AFTER submitting them to article directories.
I would be writing my sites content first, then re-writing it 80% different to go on the article directories.
Just my 2 cents. Test it yourself and see if you like.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
joseph1
Trust:
Thanks for your great help Troy
Kindest regards
Joseph.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I agree, don't use duplicate content on your site. There is a lot of debate around the web as to whether or not duplicate content is a myth, in my opinion it is better not to take chances. Use the Article Spinner at AmA that will help a lot with this problem.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Nov 30, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.