Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Don't Understand This Email From China About My Domain Name

nates450r
Trust:

Don't Understand This Email From China About My Domain Name

Hi guys, I got a email a while back (july 2012) and the days went by and i totally forgot about it and to reply. (Email account from one of my sites) when I read it I was confused as to what they were asking or wanted.

What do you make of it?

Original email----
Dear Manager,

(If you are not the person who is in charge of this, please forward this to your CEO,Thanks)

This email is from China domain name registration center, which mainly deal with the domain name registration in China. We received an application from Hansen Ltd on August 6, 2012. They want to register " abdominalsuccess " as their internet keyword and China/Asia (CN/ASIA) domain names. But after checking it, we find this name conflicts with your company. In order to deal with this matter better, so we send you email and confirm whether this company is your distributor or business partner in China or not?

Best Regards

_----_------------
Well I just logged in to the same email account today and a few weeks after the first email they sent me another email....

_--------------email message
Dear Manager,

The checking time will be over soon, we have not received your reply about the domain name and internet keyword since our last communication. You must know domain name takes open registration, this is international domain name registration principle. So the company has right to register them. As a domain name registrar, we have no right to refuse their application. We aslo suggest this company should change another name but they stick to this name so if your company want to prevent anybody from using these domains, the only way is to register these CN/ASIA domains and internet keyword. In our checking time, your company has first priority to register them. Could you tell us whether your company want to make this application to prevent anybody from using them or not?

Best Regards

------_-----------
I don't understand what the email is about because I have owned the domain since 2007 and renew it yearly.

What are your thoughts? Thanks Nathan
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Nathan,

I am unable to fully understand the email as well, but from what I could understand, there is another business or company trying to register your domain name. They are asking for your if you would permit this as the domain is registered to you. Since the domain is still registered you, then I guess they told the other party no because they did not hear back from you.

My two cents. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

nates450r
Trust:
cecille.l wrote:Hi Nathan,

I am unable to fully understand the email as well, but from what I could understand, there is another business or company trying to register your domain name. They are asking for your if you would permit this as the domain is registered to you. Since the domain is still registered you, then I guess they told the other party no because they did not hear back from you.

My two cents. Have a good day!

Well that's why I'm confused, how can you register 2 websites with the same domain? I don't think you can right? So again why in the heck did they send me an email in the first place? I'm sure we all have wanted domains that were already taken and what do we do? We find another domain.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
It's spam. Or scam.

If you google that text (in "" marks) you get a bunch of hits from other people asking exactly the same question as you.

Here is what will happen if you respond:

http://squelchdesign.com/web_design_newbury/chinese-domain-name-registration-scams/

Short answer: Ignore it :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

nates450r
Trust:
Thanks for the info. I figured something didn't jive with this email.

This topic was started on Nov 14, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.