Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Don't Clear Your Cookies????

chestina
Trust:

Don't Clear Your Cookies????

Hello Members!!!

I have some what of a technical question. A person comes to my affiliate site, we'll call it www.abc.com for demonstration purposes, and clicks on one of my affiliate links that takes them to, for example, www.xxx.com but for what ever reason does not make a purchase but bookmarks the site that I lead them to. The next day before using the internet the person does computer maintenance which includes clearing all the cookies on their computer. They go back to the website that they had bookmarked and decides to purchase the product will I still get a percentage of that sale even though the cookies were cleared. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Chestina
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Chestina,
ClickBank has tested most of the major internet browsers.
When clickbank affiliates use their affiliate Hoplink the way they are meant to (for example: the Hoplink is not embedded in an image or frame) then it will not affect the functionality of the ClickBank 1st party cookies.

Clickbank know that people can delete their cookies on their own and they have stated this...

"Through analyzing the millions of Hoplink URL's that ClickBank receives, we have found that almost all users complete their purchase within the same browser session within 1 hour. In most cases, even if the user happens to erase their cookies, ClickBank’s proprietary tracking methods often match the consumer back to the referring affiliate. ClickBank’s proprietary tracking methods are considered a trade secret and will not be shared.
ClickBank will continue to test and retest new internet browsers and updates to old browsers. Our goal is to provide a consistent and reliable service for everyone."

Now it is possible to track peoples IP range etc.... but in the end.. We can not really do much about it anyway.
Let's hope Clickbank are as smart as they say they are..lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

chestina
Trust:
Troy,

Thanks for the information!!! I hope to know as much as you do one day. I believe this is the second post I have made and you answered all of them with great info. I'm happy to know that you're a member, your helping to provide quality answers. Keep up the good work!

Chestina
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Chestina,
Glad to help.
I am always learning myself and will never learn everything and quite frankly I don't want to learn everything as I would go nuts.
The goal is to eventually outsource all my work to elancers or staff.
Then I can put my efforts into helping people and building my business.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

jpastorizo
Trust:
Hey Troy,

I had been on and off on this forum and you are one of the most active members who help other members. I like your attitude man! It's good to be within the same community as you.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

wollowra
Trust:
Hey Renato,
Right back at you dude.
I try to not sound like a know it all, but if I see a member I can help.. I will. Hope I don't step on anyone's toes by helping.
I come here a few times a day, it helps break up the monotony of the day.
Anyway, back to that project I am working on.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

jpastorizo
Trust:
Hey Troy,

Yep back on the project! I'm trying to stay focused on AB and not get distracted by different opps out there. I am now on week 5 and so far so good. Catch ya later bro.

Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

This topic was started on May 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.