Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Domain name taken, but for sell. What to do????

kurt
Trust:

Domain name taken, but for sell. What to do????

I went to Nameboy to brainstorm for a good domain name, but all the good ones related to the products I'm promoting are already taken. Then I thought of a good one which would require me to tack on a word in front of it. That's no big deal because the word is related.

The problem is when I typed that domain name into the adress bar of my brower it took me to a page. The page has a link on it that says, "Are you interested in this domain?" Once you click on the link they have a form you can fill out to inquire about it.

I'm guessing someone baught this domain because they knew they could make money by turning around and selling it to someone else at a higher price. Has anyone ever experienced this before? How should I handle this?

It also has me a little curious. If other people are making money selling domain names, maybe I can too. Anybody ever try selling domain names? Is it worth it? How much money can you make doing that?

My questions are in bold. Thank you.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Anybody ever try selling domain names? Is it worth it? How much money can you make doing that?

How much would you pay for that domain they're reselling?

That's how much you can make...

It all depends on the domain you manage to score, and whether it's best that you just build a site on it and use it for the edge it may give you in the SERPs, or just selling it off to someone else if you think you can make more there or can't be bothered building a site.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

This topic was started on Jul 30, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.