Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Domain longevity

herbshirt2
Trust:

Domain longevity

So I register a domain name that reflects the product I have chosen to sell. Should I be viewing that as a long term, ongoing site or ... it seems products are often losing or gaining popularity, do I look at it as something that will last a month or so and always looking to register new domains?
(as opposed to the recent interview re; blogging, where you would only have possibly a couple of domains.)

Thanks guys, just trying to get the big picture concepts before I dive in, although I think I'm about to dive as well and try some of the 'Mr K' traffic tips. (God I'm getting excited about this stuff)

oh one more question... this is probably impossible to answer BUT.... if I spend every night working on this stuff for the next however long, is it realistic to be earning say $1000 p/week in say... 2 months?
kiwiboy
Trust:
well,
Herbshirt.... I have not myself found anywhere to purchase a domain from month to month, apart from some free trial ones.....

my recomendation to this Q and I did se your site and I think it looks good

I am listening to Marks interview mr K now for the third time...

and I am going to keep listening to it until it entirely sinks ....

and concentrate one one thing at a time...

before you go buy another ten domains, try the blog thing...

after that ...some great advice that I have seen is :

Find What Works, and then Multiply 8)

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
herbshirt2 wrote:oh one more question... this is probably impossible to answer BUT.... if I spend every night working on this stuff for the next however long, is it realistic to be earning say $1000 p/week in say... 2 months?

That sounds like a question I would have asked 2 years ago... hehe

There is no way to answer that... based on your market, ads, etc.... just do it and keep doing it... thats the only real answer that works :D

As for your domain name... make it general on the topic... not too specific.
herbshirt2
Trust:
no no no... I didn't mean buy domains month to month. :shock: hehe I guess domain longevity was not the right title. (I'm a web designer, I'm very familiar with domains/hosting/web/rss/etc etc etc)

I meant;
When you do the clickbank approach, particularly ppc, you have a landing page for a product, I kinda got the vibe that it would be a campaign' that would only last say... 6 months because of the rise then fall of any one products popularity. Sounds like thats not the case.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hi Herb,

Um, depends on the product, and the market. You get products that are hyped to the eyeballs and products that are related to specific market trends, and you might find that these are brief campaigns. You also get markets where interest is sustained, and for these you will have long-term campaigns.

For instance, interest in earthquake survival kits (I assume they exist, I just made it up) might be higher at the moment in the wake of this earthquake in China. Demand (if it did exist) would probably die down soon enough.

To contrast, we talk a lot about dog training. People will always have dogs. Dogs will always need training.

It's just like any other type of marketing.

Of course the lovely thing with AdWords is that you can start and stop your campaign any time you like, so ANY campaign can be a short one if you like :)

- Aletta
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/