Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Does anybody out there actually make money?

hammiesink
Trust:

Does anybody out there actually make money?

Sometimes, I get this strange feeling that creating niche sites with adsense/affiliate programs is a joke and that the only people making money are the people who actually MARKET some product with lots of exclamation points and FREE this and FREE that and so on. I sit here and diligently write articles on my health niche topic, submit to directories, and so on. And in the meantime, while I'm currently making zero money online, I continue to buy e-products from people with great sales letters. Ug.
alvin
Trust:
Ah.... we've all hit that point sometimes. I suggest you stop buying, all you need is already here in Affilorama. I know its obvious, but what you need to do is take action on what you already know.

Building sites and marketing them might seem a waste of time, but be patient and it'll work for you for years to come. Imagine down the line when you have a number of sites that are highly trafficked and making money for you. You will be easily able to monetize them whenever you want by redirecting traffic, doing promos, email marketing...
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Quit buying other E-books. If you want to give away your money I'll send you my paypal address :D

Adrian,
spirit23
Trust:
yeah man, stay focussed on one thing... a lot of us internet marketers suffer from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)...myself included... so be re-assured that there are others like you out there... !!! :wink:

remember: ONE VISION, ONE DREAM.
hammiesink
Trust:
Yeah, I've pretty much stopped by now. The Master Plan and Affilorama are the last few I've bought, and who needs more?

But I also just wonder if these gurus who sell stuff and swear you can make money by creating content sites; are they just saying that to sell stuff? Can you REALLY make a living on a content site, and NOT a sales letter?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You will always need a sales letter of some sort to sell............. a product... however unique content is king........ along with seo.... the possibilities are endless....

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, it's real. I know it's hard when you hear about all these people making insane amounts of money. You think, hmm maybe I should be doing that.

But if you stick around here and do what Mark advises, you'll be one of those people soon enough! Trust me on that one.

Keep at it!
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

emmittryan
Trust:
It seems that I am learning at an incredible pace. I read nonstop, and I have more freakin' self-helping how-to ebooks than I think one person should be expected to read. I am learning about this and that, blogs and forums, article submissions and offline optimizations, niche this and keywording that. I have got to tell you that I am not making any money while I am learning, and all I ever hear about is how someone else has just gotten it right again. Only now, I need to learn how to "podcast" if I am going to be successful as an internet business. When that is thru, some joker is gonna come along and tell me I can get rich doing this other new thing instead. And I am still losing money like a crack-head without a job. I have never been more determined to do anything, all the while getting taunted by every person who has what I am after. And you know what I am after... an online business that is something I can consider professional, a real income to speak of , and a field of knowledge that I am proficient at. I don't care about being the brightest light on the strip, I just want to make sure I am getting enough power to shine. I have failed, failed again, and failed more. Now, I am not financially independent, but I sure now how everyone else got that way. Which leads me to my real internal struggle: how can I get any money selling the same thing as everyone else without a budget to compete with. How can I find a niche that pays? Because if I choose a niche, and it is already saturated, why spend all of my valuable time learning to be an expert at it. It seems to me that if I were an expert at something already, I wouldn't have to spend all of my time learning to be an expert. Unfortunately the only thing I am good at is playing guitar and trying to learn to be an online marketing success. Both of which are extremely saturated markets and hard to break into without an advertising budget. Or at least it seems that way. Doesn't anyone do anything else to make money online beside teach people how to make money online? I do believe that this is the only place that'll deliver my money's worth, and no empty promises have been made. I am learning a lot of stuff from these guys, and I just have a question: "Does anyone ever just try really hard to do this, never quit, and never get anyplace?"

Anyhow...

I have my site, and I am hoping someday to have a personality that leaves a post at my forum, or a blip on my blog. A personality that arrives there due to a hook, or a line, or a sinker and the bait that I put out---trying to catch my limit fishing from everyone else's new secret spot on the pond.
hammiesink
Trust:
I've noticed my ebook-buying-addiction has evolved. I feel I've learned everything I can for now about SEO, and article submission, and link trading, and so on. Now that I have a niche, my interest has turned to: how to get good written content? So now I buy every article writing, article spinning, etc. ebook, software and so on I can.
cdidcott
Trust:
Everything you need is here already; you don’t need to buy any ebooks. I'm pretty new to this myself and have occasional doubts, but there is too much useful info and helpful people here to fail. The forum never fails to help me when I'm stuck for ideas.

Looking at your profile, you haven't been a member here long enough to give up. Perseverance!!!
superaff
Trust:
I was about to fall down from my chair. LOL.

Man I am making several hundreds a month, it's increasing every month, and traffic to my sites is getting higher and higher.... I am hooked!

I have 3000 uniques to one of my sites. I am working to get the first page on one of the most competitive market. (I let you know when I am there).

I am on the first page of Google for many of my keywords. Actually, SEO is very easy. Just work and stop reading everything.

Man, I am making money. I just bought my brand new acer aspire 3000 thanks to clickbank... I clickbank or CJ will buy my next car soon... and then my new house!

follow affilorama tutorial, and you will do that EASILY.

Ok, back to work. Be careful though: Affiliate marketing is addicting... I told you.

adrian wrote:Quit buying other E-books. If you want to give away your money I'll send you my paypal address :D

Adrian,
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

lunatunes
Trust:
superaff wrote:
I have 3000 uniques to one of my sites. I am working to get the first page on one of the most competitive market. (I let you know when I am there).

This is the second time I've heard the word uniques used but have no Idea
what you are talking about :(
Could you explain this one to me.

I am also new to all this but I know it can work. Why do I know that??
Because many other people are making it work and they are not aliens.
They are humans like you and me. The only common denomenator that
they all have for certain is that they all worked their butts off...LOL
And if they can do it then I can and you can too.

This country is filled with opportunity but there are only a small percentage
that are willing to work for it. As you search the web and do a lot of reading
concerning this business your going to hear a few tell you that it is going to take
work. Those are the honest ones. When they say it is going to take work,
they mean..."ITS GOING TO TAKE WORK!!!" If it were easy everyone and
their brother would be making money on the internet.
I think you can trust the people on this site. Dont give up and work hard.
The people on this site will help you work smarter :)
Blessings,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Unique is just what it means.... a unique individual...

You could have 50,000 visitors to your site in one day, but only 8,000 of them are actual people..... meaning they do return visits..

Adrian,
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
As I understand it:

When you have a website your traffic is not just someone looking at your site. Your site will be searched by spiders to determine (amongst other things) search engine rankings as well as real people. Some people will return for another look and may come back to your site several times.

Every time a file on your site is accessed that counts as a hit. Thus 1 visitor may create many hits as they view the various areas of a site, loading images and pages etc.

Everytime a person visits your site is counted as a visitor (including those who come back more than once).

What we want to measure is how many people (not spiders or robots) visited our site for the first time - also referred to as Unique Visitors (or in web parlance - Uniques)

Uniques are the most reliable measure of a sites effectiveness at drawing traffic.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Mimenta wrote:As I understand it:

When you have a website your traffic is not just someone looking at your site. Your site will be searched by spiders to determine (amongst other things) search engine rankings as well as real people. Some people will return for another look and may come back to your site several times.

Every time a file on your site is accessed that counts as a hit. Thus 1 visitor may create many hits as they view the various areas of a site, loading images and pages etc.

Everytime a person visits your site is counted as a visitor (including those who come back more than once).

What we want to measure is how many people (not spiders or robots) visited our site for the first time - also referred to as Unique Visitors (or in web parlance - Uniques)

Uniques are the most reliable measure of a sites effectiveness at drawing traffic.

That is correct.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Thanx Adrian

Thought I'd elaborate on the explanation as one newbie to another. It's easy to forget that terms we take for granted can be totally foreign to others.

(Also nice to know I got something t right after all those videos and lesson notes! ;)
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Hamm,

There is a lot of crap online - tons. You CAN and WILL make money with affiliate programs but there are no easy short cuts or simple ways to get there. It's hard work, takes time, experience helps to weed out what works and doesn't, and basically you can't gain experience through books or online programs, you have to dig in and do it yourself.

That being said...

I have a very successful affiliate site. What makes sales are the "buying" keywords. So, you put lots of articles on your site to make the search engines happy so they don't think you're a spammer. But you target the buying keywords for selling your affiliate programs. You drive traffic through SEO.

Stay AWAY from PPC until you can afford to lose 100% of what you spend.

I think I am probably a good example of the struggling person who finally starts to see profits. I don't fall for crap anymore. Ok, well, maybe I wink at it now and then. (struggling for many many many years)

Last night I purchased a program from Brad Collen, Niche something, I forget. I looked it over today, it's only 7 bucks, but I am stopping my subscription now. Why? Because there is nothing in it for me. There is a huge catch to the PLR I really didn't like. You have to keep paying the $47.00 a month in order to retain the copyrights. Although you can buy those rights for 200.00 should you quite. It still bugged me.

It's PLR stuff. Far tooooooo much work. Now, remember, these programs can work well for some people. Who are those "some"? They are people that outsource EVERYTHING.

Outsourcing in the KEY TO SUCCESS. And, there some other things that have hit me over the head lately. The reason why these guys are selling the programs and tools to do the work for us is because the actual work is hard and it takes a lot of money to get it working right. It's way easier to sell the "system" or the program or the tools.

If you're not making sales, look at your keywords. Are any of them buying keywords?

Koi fish for instance. Selling an ebook on this the buying keyword would be, "Mr. Koi's ebook review". Or Mr. Koi's ebook. . . etc...

I have gone through about 10 people now and FINALLY I have a really good person I'm teaching to do more technical work for me. I'm at the point where I'm going to be outsourcing just about all my work and I get to just watch my business income grow with minimal work on my part. I just need to do the research and set up.

I put almost all of my online income into outsourcing. I also pay for a few programs like AMA.

If you're not making money, look at your sales page. Look over Marks videos and see what you may have missed.

Wishing you the best of succes,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal