Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Do you know any FREE email autoresponder that I can use?

juderm
Trust:

Do you know any FREE email autoresponder that I can use?

I'm a newbie and built about 2 sites so far. I need an autoresponder that won't
hurt my pocket while I'm learning. What autoresponder service that you know that is FREE?
I heard about the free WP AUTORESPONDER. Is this good to use?

I need your advise if you know any email autoresponder that is free or any good suggestions that you can give me. Thanks a lot for your help!
easyrider
Trust:
Your thinking is wrong here. You have to treat this like a business - not a hobby. A service like Aweber only costs $1 for the first month and then $19 per month after that (for under 500 subscribers). And to make $19 that is only one sale for a month. If you don't think you can make that (with two sites!!!) then you are probably in the wrong business.

There are services like Mailchimp which are free for a certain number of subscribers but the support is nowhere near as good. I think you are pretty much on your own at the beginning, from what I have heard. And then when you do get a lot of subscribers you still have to pay.

My suggestion is invest in a service like Aweber or Icontact and back yourself to make it profitable.
Greg

juderm
Trust:
Thank you very much for your answer easyrider! Yes I do agree that we have to spend to invest in our business but in my case I don't have enough fund yet to use a paid service. I guess I'm not ready yet to do autoresponder for affiliate products but I really love to start this kind of business. Actually I tried Aweber the first time and I really like their excellent service. I used them but I did not get any sales through sending my scheduled free mini-course emails to the emails that subscribed, so I have to quit my membership after about 6 months using it and now I'm looking to find other ways where it's more economical while I'm starting out and learning this business. That's why I want to try a free autoresponder first to test it before I go to a paid service like Aweber. What is your best advise for me having limited financial resource? I will really appreciate your answer. Thank a lot to your help!
easyrider
Trust:
You need to first look at why you didn't make any sales through using Aweber for 6 months. Did your emails suck or did you just not have many subscribers? There is no point in doing more of what wasn't working.
Greg

juderm
Trust:
Thanks a lot for your reply! I'm not sure, but I followed what I've learned about writing mini-course with sales letters and I think I did pretty good in writing it. The problem was when I was just starting out learning this, I did something wrong with my keyword research, ended up buying a domain out of it and did all the backlinkings and all those stuff without realizing that the real monthly search volume of the target keyword was way too low, that's why I ended up getting few subscribers. I got the search info based on "broad" instead of "exact match" which I think have a great difference. I've learned from my mistakes and now I'm fixing what has to be fixed in this site and hopefully I will do better this time, especially I'm working on a new keyword research for this. I'm changing my target keyword for my homepage and hopefully this will be okey now. So with what I have experienced made me hesitant to get a paid autoresponder service not until I have tested my updated site.
easyrider
Trust:
It sounds like you are trying to get an exact match domain and use that to rank highly for a particular keyword. This strategy doesn't really work anymore. In fact, Google just introduced a new penalty for low quality exact match domains, about a week ago. See http://thestartcompany.com/online-visib ... ain-update
Greg

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Most quality web hosting services let you buy more than one domain name and then"Park" them, such that they "point" at your main domain. In this way you can use more keywords.

But as Greg says, check out the new Google exact match info. There is a new blog post about it right here on Affilorama (which I'm now scooting off to read)

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
Last edited by jimcoe on 12 Oct 12 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi juderm,

I'm sorry to hear that. But it's not too late! You can always go back and rewrite those articles to targert new keywords. Then keep on the backlinking and SEO.

@_jim coe Yes, Sam wrote an excellent post on the recent Google algorithm change targeting EMDs:
Is Google Now Penalizing Exact Match Domains?

This is a must read for all marketers.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

juderm
Trust:
Thanks a lot Cecille!!! I will do what you advised me to do. I just read the article you recommended to read. It is important that we should know this. Great! Thanks again! I want to thank you also Jimcoe and Easyrider for all your great advise! I will do my best! Thanks!
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi juderm,

You're welcome! Glad to help. :) Please let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Oct 10, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.