Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Do I need to apply for a business license?

ck
Trust:

Do I need to apply for a business license?

Hi,

I'm a newbie and in Canada. Before starting online business, Do I need to apply a business license? I mean register a company first.

Ck :D
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
No - you may work as an individual.
ck
Trust:
Thanks!
ck
Trust:
Hi,

Do you think it is good to register a company for tax benefit, example: if you buy something to promote your site, you can report them as expenditure.

Ck
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I report all of my stuff as tax write offs anyways... and I am an individual ... you don't need to be a business to do that.... but there are some advantages to having one.... taxes are very unique... you will have to ask your tax person those questions... unless you do them yourself.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm not sure about the tax situation in Canada, but here it's only worth incorporating when you earn over a certain amount, due to different tax laws for individuals and companies.

Theres also some asset protection stuff that a company gives you, but whether its worth it... best go speak to an accountant about your situation.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

golfntours
Trust:
Local tax laws apply. Generally if you source the supply from your country and recieve the money in it, your transaction may be subject to the jurisdiction of the tax laws there. Heard too, since most of the affiliate programme are done over the net, there's currently no laws governing it, which means before they catch up, sell fast!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You would still have to pay tax on affiliate stuff. Here, the main difference is that you don't have to pay GST until sales from Australia hit 50k.

But go speak to someone who knows what they're talking about, it's not worth the risk.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world