Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

do I have to blog and webinar to have a nice income

sg1fannz
Trust:

do I have to blog and webinar to have a nice income

Hi

Just starting out and being having a quick look at the lessons.

I am wondering if there is different levels of being an affiliate.
ie some people want to make millions and others like me want to make enough to be able to leave work and live comfortably as I move toward my retirement years as we are also running a small business as well.( I am in my 50s with no mortgage so really looking to just have a comfortable lifestyle.

For example is blogging and webinars a must?

Feedback is appreciated as I have started my webpage and got my first domain name, so just wanting a bit of an idea what type of lessons to concentrate on to get my webpage earning money but not trying to be the top affiliate in the world type thing.

Its so great being part of a group doing affiliate stuff as it means you can get good advice without making all the same mistakes others made learning and to quickly learn what works and what doesn't.

Thanks in advance :)

Robyn

Thanks
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Robyn,

Although you can make some money using sites like Facebook, you have to be careful.

You really want to have at least 1 website that you can send people to and build yourself a nice passive income. There are several reasons for this:

1, a website is an asset
if you own your own website, you can sell it later on. You can't sell your facebook or Google profiles.

2, a website is your home on the web
you might get into several different sites that you are networking with people. For example, you can find me on G+, Facebook, Twitter, and several other sites as well. My blog is my home though. I have a central place where people can find me and learn what I have to share.

3. people don't like social media spammers
I have never gotten into putting my affiliate links directly in social media sites. However, I know many people who have. the people there don't really want to buy anything right then and there, and if you get too pushy, you will be labeled as a spammer, and you could get into some trouble, which leads into the fourth and final reason...

4. You have no control over Social Media Profiles

personally, I like having a place where I can pretty much do what I want, when I want. Everytime I see people build a business relying on a third party site, they wind up regretting it. For example, Facebook could decide tomorrow that anyone posting affiliate links on their site is a spammer, and ban you for life.

I have seen this happen more times than I can count on various sites. The spammers ruin things for everyone, and even if you are doing it well, you can get caught up in the crossfire.

Leaving your business totally dependent on a third party site like a social media site is killer for your business. You might make some short term sales that way, but it does more damage to your reputation in the long run.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

sg1fannz
Trust:
Thanks for replying James

I don't do much on facebook except message family and friends so I was pleased to see I don't have to push my affiliate marketing there, as this is definately something I am not comfortable with.

So I am definately having my own web page or 2 for my affiliate business. As you say its your own personal space and where I want to have people come back to and leave comments etc. I think I am not really sure what a blog is and what I do in a blog.

I was just wondering if on my webpage i have to do a blog. Or if I do have an email list whether i need to do webinars for them

I have never been into blogs myself and wouldn't have a clue how to make a webinar lol

So wondered if they are must dos or if I can still do a successful affiliate business without blogging or making webinars for my "customers"

I think I would rather concentrate on articles for them.

Thanks again for the advice

Robyn
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Having your own website definitely helps. However, blogging is just a way of updating the content on your site regularly. You can do it if you want, and it is recommended that you add fresh content, but you don't have to run a blog if you don't want to. The same is true for webinars.

I have only done a few webinars myself, and they do take a bit of work to pull off. However, that is also something you can do later to expand your business, or never do them at all. I know a lot of people doing really well without them.
focus on writing articles regularly and building traffic to them. Then, later on as you become confident in your skills you can add the others in if you want.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Oct 18, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.