Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Critique for my Site

alchemyim
Trust:

Critique for my Site

Hey Guys

Its taken me a while (and a bit of help) but I have my first site up.......http://www.thesixpackcoach.com/

Would appreciate people taking some time and give me a review and any honest feedback....

.....just go easy on me ;)

Cheers

Jon
Using AB 3.0,

www.thesixpackcoach.com

www.internet-marketing-reviews.info

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Congratulations on putting up your first site, Jon! :)

You could add a welcome page as your homepage. It's a good way to introduce your site and develop a relationship with your visitors so that they will trust your opinion and be more receptive to receiving offers.

You have to create redirects for your affiliate links. Creating redirects will make your links look friendlier and more appealing to click on.

It would also help monetize your site if you'd be able to change some of your images. Choose images that are more interesting. Using stronger call to action would also help.

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

jcdean
Trust:
Is getting six pack abs and loseing weight the same market? If you get traffic for people who are looking for six pack abs they are probably looking for a body building product.

Any way

Here is a trick to get alot of click throughs to the vendor. Since you vendor has a video, take a screen shot of the video, add it to your site as a picture. Have the picture link to the vendors site with your affiliate link.

The pick will look as if there is a video on your site. Give the vid a compelling tittle and you will get a huge click through rate.

Again, if you do rank and get traffic looking for six pack abs, I wold promote a body building program.

Rock on.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

alchemyim
Trust:
Thank you both

I have taken your suggestions on board and will make some improvements, as I said this is my first site so I am expecting to do some learning.

Just a couple of questions to followup on:

Michelle, when you say use more interesting images do you mean make them animated or just more polished? what do you mean by stronger call to action? "Click NOW or you may Miss out", that kind of thing?

J.C., I really like your suggestion about the video screenshot, but isn't conversion more important than click through or does click through generate conversion? statistically the more people I can drive through the more chance of a sale?

Thanks

Jon
Using AB 3.0,

www.thesixpackcoach.com

www.internet-marketing-reviews.info

jcdean
Trust:
AlchemyIM wrote:
J.C., I really like your suggestion about the video screenshot, but isn't conversion more important than click through or does click through generate conversion? statistically the more people I can drive through the more chance of a sale?

Thanks

Jon

There are different opinions. i think the vendor would have a better chance of selling something than you if the searchers are looking for information. I would just get them to the vendors site as fast as I can.

If the searcher was looking for a product, lets say "Best body building guide" was you keyword, I would probably do a review of the three top selling guides, to help them choose.

If the searcher was looking for info on one product like "The truth about abs review" I would just do a page or a site reviewing "truth about abs"

of course just about anyone would agree that you should also try to build a list.

P.S.

This is a pretty competitive niche you picked. Make sure you have done some research on your ability to compete with any keywords that you choose.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Your affiliate link doesn't have to have your keywords in them. For your Call to action, instead of a question, It should be a statement telling them they will find what they need on the page you are linking to. For example, instead of "How can I get Ripped?" I would have a statement such as "Click Here to Get Ripped Abs FAST!"

vendor banner ads aren't that great anymore. most people see them as an advertisement and so they ignore them. Instead, find a good image and edit it with a call to action. IF you are linking to a video sales page, a screenshot of the video edited to look like the video is on your screen with a call to action underneath it will help increase your click throughs.

Affiliate sales is all about a numbers game. the more people you send to the sales page, the higher your chances of converting a sale.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Dec 11, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.