Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Creating redirects in XsitePro

nates450r
Trust:

Creating redirects in XsitePro

I wanted to know if someome can explain in the most simplest terms how to create a redirect for affiliate links
I watched the redirect video but I am still confused- I use xsitepro and html code (i know its probably simple) but its my first try at it.

Thanks, Nate
Last edited by michellerana on 09 Apr 10 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title

faradina
Trust:
Hi Nate,

In xsitepro, go to Other > Redirect Pages and then follow the prompts for creating your redirect page. It's basically clicking the Add button and then filling in the fields. Enter your affiliate link in the "Redirect URL" field and enter the URL that you want for your redirect page in the "The URL for this page will be" field. It is best to set the Redirect Delay to 0.

Another option is to create your redirect page manually (see http://www.affilorama.com/site-building ... -redirects - the php redirect works best), upload the redirect page to your server, and insert the redirect page URL into your article page.

Most of us use the second option above.
megachile
Trust:
I personally use the second option for creating .php redirects. It works a treat.
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."

nates450r
Trust:
can php code work with html?
megachile
Trust:
I make standalone redirect pages saved as .php files. I save these files in a folder called recommends and link to them from my other webpages.

so for example on my stbreladehotels.com website I link from my main page (stbreladehotels.com/index.html) to the corresponding hotel redirect (eg stbreladehotels.com/recommends/atlantic_hotel.php)

hope that helps
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."

etfimt
Trust:
I also have question about redirecting in xsitepro.
I designed carousel of products on amazon and got the link - actually it is java script flash banner.
if someone would have time to tell me step by step how to redirect java script snippet please help.
What i did first is i added this script to the snippet library .
Than put little larger table in which i have included the snippet .
I used tables because i could not figure out how to wrap the text around just java snippet it worked better to wrap around the table.
So i have now yellow java picture in the table ( 120/500px)
Should i just click on the snippet and use insert link > redirect ?
It looks like my affiliate link on the bottom bar is still showing my id , but the page is not uploaded yet, will it change to shorter link after is on the server ?
Thanks Eva
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Eva,

I have forwarded your question to a member of our technical staff and will let you know as soon as I have feedback.

I appreciate your patience. All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

etfimt
Trust:
Thanks Cecille i will wait it is important for me
etfimt
Trust:
Hi Cecille did you get the answer to my question , i still have no clue how to add redirect link to java snippet
Thanks Eva
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Eva,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Would it be possible to export your site and send us the .XSE file? Please also include the java snippet.

You my send it through the contact form on our support page.

I appreciate your patience and hope to hear from you soon. All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Apr 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.