Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Creating a website screenshot for review page

promoter
Trust:

Creating a website screenshot for review page

Hello Everyone,
I've a problem that I'm hoping someone out there can help me to solve. Here's the deal. I'm in the process of making a comparison page similar to the one Mark has at this link: http://wowblackbook.com/best-world-of-w ... guides.php

Now, this is my problem: I made a screen shot of the website that I want to put into one of those tables. When I make a screen shot I get the whole browser window, Google tool bar...everything.

I made a copy of the header image and put it into paint.net and irfanview but when I paste it into the window everything is all messed up, all the graphic and text are distorted and all bunched up together because the size of the window I'll be using is 200 x 145.

What I can't figure out how to do is to get into the header and manipulate the fonts etc. Can I manipulate the header or is this something that you would have to do in Photoshop????

Can anyone out there tell me how to do what Mark has done on his page see the link above. I have the layout already but I need to add my own graphics of the website that I'm using just like Mark has done.

I hope someone out there knows how to do this and can help me.

Promotor
jasondodd
Trust:
You should be able to crop it in something like Paint.NET. Or you can get a good screen capture program like SnagIt from TechSmith.

If you ever resize something you need to make sure you maintain the aspect ratio (usually indicated by a lock icon) .. otherwise it will get screwed up.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

wollowra
Trust:
1. Do your screen capture
2. open paint.net
3. Click on edit and then click on PASTE
4. On the tools menu you will see a "Rectangle select" or just press S on keyboard.
5. Select the window you want to have as your site image by dragging the mouse and holding the left mouse button.
( Make sure it is roughly the shape you want IE: Square rectangle etc..)
6. Go to IMAGE at top of screen and click on CROP TO SELECTION
7. Click on IMAGE at top of screen and click on RESIZE
8. UNTICK the box "Maintain aspect ratio"
9. Choose the width and height ( In your case 200 x 145 )
10. Go to FILE and SAVE AS..
11. Save as a JPEG or GIF

Done.

Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

promoter
Trust:
Hello Jason,
When I check the image properties of one off the images that Mark is using its 200px x 148 in fact all the images are 200px wide with slight variations in height. When I put my image in paint and check maintain aspect ratio and input 200 for height it defaults the width to 30. The only way you can input the measurements that you want is to uncheck maintain aspect ration.

So, my image and text is still messed up out of focus and all bunched up together.
Also bear in mind that the overall width of the cell that Mark is using is 200px but the graphic is within that cell so the graphic itself is even smaller.

So, my question is still whether or not this can be done in paint or is this something that has to be done in photo shop??

Promoter
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Promoter,
Not sure if you read my response above?
Yes, uncheck the maintain aspect ratio.
Then, put in the sizes you need.
Yes, this can be done in Paint.net.
Kind Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

promoter
Trust:
Hey Troy,
You came to the rescue again!

Thanks buddy
I've go it under control now. SWEEET!
promoter
Trust:
Hey Jason.
Thanks for your input

Promoter

This topic was started on Jul 23, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.