Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

copywrite problem

unit
Trust:

copywrite problem

Hello everyone,

Quick question, I have found a site that has copied tons of my articles without retaining the links with them. On top of this being incredibly rude, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do about it? No contact information seems to be present on the offending website? Any ideas what my next step is here?

Thank You,
Unit
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

michael025
Trust:
Hi Unit,

You can file a DMCA(Digital Millenium Copyright Act) complaint, which if proven, will remove the website with plagiarized content from its web hosts legally.

For more information on how you can do this you can check the link below:
How to File a DMCA Complaint

Hope that helps : )
wollowra
Trust:
You can also see who the webhost is and email them and tell them in detail and tell them that the offending site has blatantly copied your content and you want the site removed or the content taken off ASAP.
Wait for their response first and if they do nothing then tell them you will be contacting the DMCA.

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Jan 27, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.