Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Copyright on website

edmax100
Trust:

Copyright on website

Hi all,

I have been reading the forums here for quite sometime. I finally created my first website. I have a question to you guys about copyright. How do I copyright my website? Is it really necessary? Can I just write Copyright at the footer even without real copyright? I am sorry for many questions as I am very fresh with website creation and I am doing it myself. You may also visit my website at http://www.guideondogtraining.com hoping you can give me some feedback. Thanks to all.
monti
Trust:
Hi,

Great looking website for your first site... You and I are in the same boat. I just got started and am implementing everything
myself as well.

Congrats, dor making your first step..

Annette
pete wilson
Trust:
Hi Eduardo,

When you create and publish your 'own' work online you have an automatic copyright, whether you include a notice or not. However, a lot of visitors are not aware of this, so if they don't see a notice they might just help themselves. Just add a notice in the footer of each page.

I've taken a look at your site, and although I'm a little uncomfortable saying this, you might want to ask someone to take a look at your English, as some people might find it off-putting. I don't mean any disrespect.

Pete
edmax100
Trust:
monti wrote:Hi,

Great looking website for your first site... You and I are in the same boat. I just got started and am implementing everything
myself as well.

Congrats, dor making your first step..

Annette

Thanks.
edmax100
Trust:
Hi Pete,
Thanks for the info.
Yes, I do agree with you about my English. Thanks for your honest opinion. I really need those.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
edmax100 wrote:Hi all,

I have been reading the forums here for quite sometime. I finally created my first website. I have a question to you guys about copyright. How do I copyright my website? Is it really necessary? Can I just write Copyright at the footer even without real copyright?

By law, any original work is automatically copyrighted by the author. A copyright exists from the moment the work is created. But if you feel you need to protect your site further, you could register a copyright with the US Copyright Office.

edmax100 wrote:You may also visit my website at http://www.guideondogtraining.com hoping you can give me some feedback.

Congratulations on your first site, Edmax100 :)

I recommend the following to improve it further:

1) adding more high quality articles to your site (at least 20 articles would be good)

2) creating a navigation link on your sidebar which displays the links to your internal pages or articles

3) monetizing your site by putting affiliate links on your articles (especially above the fold)

4) creating redirects to hide your affiliate links and encourage your visitors to click on them

5) placing a disclaimer on your footer to comply with the FTC rules

Happy new year :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

edmax100
Trust:
Thanks Michelle for your great input. Happy New Year.
mansoor.0678
Trust:
Hi
can you explain?
what is disclaimer and OFC rules and how we can use it in footer?
thanks

This topic was started on Jan 01, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.