Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Communities mentioned in videos?

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:

Communities mentioned in videos?

Hey Mark,

Can't remember in what video it is but you mention two different pieces of software to use for community sites...... one is more of a Joomla type community whereas the other is more like a MySpace community...

What were their names again?
PremiumMember
eddie53
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

I think one was "Community Builder”.
cchhita
Trust:
Hi Adrian,
If you referring to the One that is a part of Joomla, yes Eddie is right, It is Community Builder. CB cannot be used on its own. It is a component of Joomla, and can only be used with Joomla.

The demo page of the software is supposed to be here: http://www.joomlapolis.com/

CB is opensource, but also has some paid addons you can tack onto it i.e. a Paid Subscription Module etc.

I myself have only built a couple of sites using community builder, but the software is really good, and has tonnes of features!

If I have time, I might even create a demo site using Community Builder so people can have a play around with it :)
Let me know if you would be interested.

Cheers
Chirag
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Sure that'd be cool to see what one looks like.

So the two names are "community builder" and what was the other one?
cchhita
Trust:
I think the Myspace one is called Space Station.
Have a look at the Vid Tutorials (specifically Vid Tutorial #3). It has info on Space Station Software.

http://www.affilorama.com/members/update/0702/myspace/index.php

Hope that helps!

Cheers[/code]
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
No it's not Space Station.. that's a bot used for marketing on Myspace... I am talking about the actual program that can give you a MySpace looking community.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Joomapolis and Dolphin are the two that I've looked at, one of those maybe?

PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Yea I've seen that too... dolphin by boonex?
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Adrian,

I think you're thinking of the interviews I did with Sean Gravener of Authority Site Pro. His system is a souped-up version of Joomla which has a whole bunch of other features for internet marketers. He also showed us how to use the Community Builder add-on for Joomla to create MySpace style communities. I'm sure there are a whole bunch of other add-ons you can get to achieve a similar result, it's just a matter of looking around.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium