Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Coaching

gdikakabong
Trust:

Coaching

Hey guys I just wanted to ask is it worth it to pay $4-$5k for a mentor who is willing to coach you????
myonlinetraininghub
Trust:
I guess that depends on who the coach is and what you are going to learn? I presume you are thinking about a course as opposed to ongoing coaching as you already have a figure of 4-5k in mind.

I took Eben Pagan's Guru Blueprint and that was well worth the 2grand it cost. We got a heap of extras with it too that have been fantastic.

I knew we were going to produce an 'information product' and deliver it via online video so the coaching was a perfect fit for our business plan.

For me it came down to value I saw in what I was going to get. And when you weigh that up against the cost then it should be obvious to you if the outlay is worth it.

Hope that helps in some way.
Phil
Free Microsoft Office Online Training
http://www.MyOnlineTrainingHub.com

gdikakabong
Trust:
Hi thanks for your reply, I m not looking for a course but rather someone that will work with me one on one to where I want to go

I have reached the plateau stage (stuck) and want to break the ceiling (2k-3k/mth income mark) and he said it was possible in 6 months...so I figured if I could make 2-3k in 6 months I would recoup the 5k in just 2 months after that???

well the person seems to be quite successful except that I can only find a few traces of him on the web.. I figured that the time of someone who is that successful would be worth more than 5k

but then again there is this issue of people claiming that they got scammed off coaching packages (you know, you buy a product, then they upsell you to a coaching program over the phone) so it is hard to tell who is genuine and who is not , especially over the web...

Also I was thinking that I could use the 5k instead to buy 2-3 developed sites that were already making some decent amount of money and develop them to add up to my revenue...?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
really, although personal coaching can be helpful, I don't think it is worth the money. The fact is, most of those "IM coaching gurus" dont make money from anything but selling their coaching. If I had 5k, I would put up my 5 jetpack sites, and spend the money on hiring a team of link builders to get your site ranking. The fact is, you have all you need to succeed right here. You have people here willing to motivate you, and talk to you one on one if you need some help. You don't need to pay some fake guru to tell you the same things that you have already paid for with this sysem. IF you really want to throw 5k away, let me know and I will give you my Paypal adress...
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
I don´t think it is worth it. Its so much about mindset, no matter what rocket scientist that will coach you it won´t help if you much or at all if you don´t have the right mindset to succeed. You are what you think so I would recommend to invest in a few books that teaches you about a winning mindset.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

wollowra
Trust:
You could ask for some sort of Guarantee.
In other words, if you pay him 3k and you do not make that back (extra) within 3 months... he keeps coaching you until you do.
Also, I would want to see a really good track record of his/her earnings over the past 2 years.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

faradina
Trust:
Hi gdikakabong,

What you do need to keep in mind is that individual results will always vary, even with quality coaching. And I have not yet seen a coach who guarantees that you will earn an exact amount.

You should consider if the knowledge and skills you will acquire from the coaching is of real value to you (value in terms of real monetary returns or in cognitive gain, preferably both).

I hope that helps :)
jcdean
Trust:
4 or 5 k would buy allot of outsourcing.

As James said; buy APJ and put the money to work outsourcing articles and link building.

I have heard stories about some of these coaching programs to be out and out scams. I wouldn't considerate it for a sec.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

gdikakabong
Trust:
Wow thanks guys, I didn't expect so many replies haha

The thing that makes him not look like a scam is because I don't have to pay him the $5k up front, I could do it in smaller amounts, like maybe $1k per month for 6 months or $250/week. I don't think it is always possible for a coacher to give guarantee because it would be unfair to them.. if their students don't do any work and still ask for refunds then it would just have been a waste of their time (especially if they are already successful people).

Oh well, I guess if I bought into coaching I would just be buying hope and confidence that someone else would be able to give me.. since I do roughly know how the whole system works (for the area of affiliate marketing that is ). That is indeed a bad idea

APJ.. is it opening soon? I saw somewhere that it was reopening on 26th Nov?

But I'm also curious about this : What if the person was someone like Anik Segal or Mark? Would you guys be willing to pay $5k for 1on1 coaching over 6 months?

p.s @jcdean : Are those of your sites designed using the Affilotheme (the one that comes along with Blueprint and jetpack)?
jcdean
Trust:
They are Jet pack sites. Only the attract a woman dot org is finished and ranking. Side track now on a different topic Jet Pack.

I would pay some one like Anik or Mark 5 k if I had it and they had time for me.

I think this forum is just as good as private coaching. You always get an answer to your question here from someone qualified to answer it.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
gdikakabong wrote:APJ.. is it opening soon? I saw somewhere that it was reopening on 26th Nov?

Yes, Affilojetpack will be reopening on the 26th of November :)

There will be special bonuses for purchases made over the re-launch period. It would be good if you signed up for the 5 Step Formula so that you'll receive email notifications whenever we have any Affilojetpack announcements :)

http://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

gdikakabong wrote:But I'm also curious about this : What if the person was someone like Anik Segal or Mark? Would you guys be willing to pay $5k for 1on1 coaching over 6 months?

Mark has actually never offered personal coaching services.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

gdikakabong
Trust:
Mark has actually never offered personal coaching services.

Hehe Of course I know that from what I see on this site... he probably doesn't believe that one needs to pay so much in order to succeed in IM! (which was why he created Affilorama and affiloroma products right? :)) I was just using him as an example.

As for Affilojetpack, I saw a few sites of other members already..but they all look quite the same???Will it be easy for me to customize the theme that comes along with the jetpack??
faradina
Trust:
Yes, it is very easy to customize AffiloTheme. If you do not like the images or theme profile designs provided with it (you get to choose from three theme profile designs in each niche), you can come up with your own images which you can easily upload and insert into the theme. There's even a Header Creator included with AffiloTheme with which you can easily create a header image.

You can have the sidebar on the left or right, and you can choose any color for your background, text, etc., as well as choose different fonts for your content.
unit
Trust:
I feel like Mark is coaching me now along with many other people at Affilorama and it's free (well membership fee). I'm going to return the favor one day, after I make my first million $, DRINKS ON ME, lol
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

faradina
Trust:
jcdean wrote:I would pay some one like Anik or Mark 5 k if I had it and they had time for me.

Just my two cents: I would think that internet marketers as successful as Anik or Mark would not really have time to coach anyone on a 1 on 1 basis. I think it would represent a loss rather than a gain to them in terms of use of their time.
gdikakabong
Trust:
faradina wrote:
jcdean wrote:I would pay some one like Anik or Mark 5 k if I had it and they had time for me.

Just my two cents: I would think that internet marketers as successful as Anik or Mark would not really have time to coach anyone on a 1 on 1 basis. I think it would represent a loss rather than a gain to them in terms of use of their time.

Thats true, but some people enjoy teaching people as a pastime, and they would definitely have the time to do so if their businesses were already stable and generating enough income for them :)

But they probably wouldn't want to do it for free though, to prevent time wasters, so an affordable price would still be needed
faradina
Trust:
I agree, that is also true. There are always two sides to a coin :)

This topic was started on Nov 15, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.