Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Clickbrief - its a scam right??!

kakaboo
Trust:

Clickbrief - its a scam right??!

So.. I was just wondering is this Clickbrief for real? It claims that it is a newsletter started by Clickbank recently but I can't find any information regarding it on Clickbank's main website.. plus the domain e-mail sent from was smartbrief.com instead of clickbank.com or something related to Clickbank.

I ignored the first e-mail because it was asking me to opt in to the newsletter for updates, but I smelled something fishy when I received another e-mail by them without me opting in...

from : Bradley J. Wiskirchen / CEO, ClickBank <clickbrief@smartbrief.com>

If it is a scam then they sure are pulling off a good one... if it isn't then pardon my ignorance because I can't find anything regarding this on Clickbank's website (or maybe I missed it)

The whole newsletter looks really professional, with a couple of articles at the end linking to other sites, and then sprinkled in with a few products banners, etc,etc.. but it just seems really fishy to me the first time I saw it.

Since affilorama works closely with clickbank.. i thought it would be best to check here..
battra
Trust:
I'd be interested to know as well. Like you, I deleted the first newsletter and today I received another one with the subject "Why haven't you subscribed to ClickBrief?". Frankly I feel annoyed with the subject but maybe that's just me :-)
kakaboo
Trust:
battra wrote:I'd be interested to know as well. Like you, I deleted the first newsletter and today I received another one with the subject "Why haven't you subscribed to ClickBrief?". Frankly I feel annoyed with the subject but maybe that's just me :-)

well, i asked this somewhere else and most of the people said they got the same thing... especially those with multiple clickbank accs and e-mails also got one of this in each of their e-mails.... so i suppose it might be real?

i just find it weird that i cant find anything on the clickbank website itself... and trying to send a question like this to their support desk is a pain for me cause u gotta fill in a lot of fields just to do it... (or im just lazy )
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
We also received the same email. I can't find any information on Clickbank's site about this so I submitted a ticket to their support. I will update this thread as soon as I receive a feedback ;)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
bblackwell
Trust:
Hi guys, this is Beau Blackwell from ClickBank. ClickBrief isn't a scam- we recently started using them to deliver industry-related news that's not just ClickBank-focused but is hopefully useful to a wider audience of Internet marketers.

Thanks for bringing up the concern- I'll be posting about the connection on our blog ASAP!
Client Knowledge Guru at ClickBank - Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/beaublackwell or www.twitter.com/clickbank
For more help with ClickBank check out www.clickbank.com/blog or www.clickbank.com/help
Please note that my postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of ClickBank.

chris72
Trust:
Thanks Beau. Unfortunately this is an industry where you can't be too careful! Your reply will put a lot of minds at rest.
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Thank you for your comment, Beau :) We really appreciate it!

Please post the link to the page where we could get more information about this after you update Clickbank's site. Thanks!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

micmegacomm
Trust:
Personally, especially with the latest trend going on in "email marketing" going on in the last year, some unscrupulous "marketers" selling our names and emails addresses to other "marketers" using tactics to try to make us believe we subscribed, I will not trust this until CLICKBANK officially acknowledge this in an official way or another.

As of TODAY, searching for CLICKBRIEF on the CB blog still nothing can be found !!! So....

Plus, since there's NO identity verification to become part of this forum, I have no proof that Beau here IS the right Beau. Especially he's NOT yet posted what he promised he would on the CB blog...

Best regards,

Andre Foisy
Andre Foisy, eMC
http://AndreFoisy.com

PremiumMember
bblackwell
Trust:
Andre,

Sorry about the delay in posting it, I had other blog posts that took priority. Here's the post: http://www.clickbank.com/blog/2011/02/16/introducing-clickbrief-the-weekly-newsletter-from-clickbank/

And lest you should still doubt that I'm the real Beau Blackwell, check the tags at the bottom of the post ;) That should put any doubts to rest.

Beau
Last edited by sydney on 21 Mar 11 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 404 link fixed

Client Knowledge Guru at ClickBank - Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/beaublackwell or www.twitter.com/clickbank
For more help with ClickBank check out www.clickbank.com/blog or www.clickbank.com/help
Please note that my postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions or positions of ClickBank.

This topic was started on Jan 19, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.