Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Clickbank vs adwords stats conflicts

megachile
Trust:

Clickbank vs adwords stats conflicts

Hi all,

I have been having a problem with my analytics data for hops in clickbank conflicting with that in my adwords account. Basically I have been paying for clicks in adwords that are not being recorded as hops in my clickbank analytics. Initially I thought that it may have been because clickbank were missing some data for some of these days, but they have sent me an email informing me that all missing info has now been updated. Also, no data were ever missing for 3 of the days that the discrepancies occurred on.

The product is Rocket Spanish. I have checked the links in the ads and they all correctly point to my affiliate id on the Rocket Spanish site.

Has anyone else ever had these sorts of problems? It wouldn’t matter so much if I wasn’t paying for the traffic.

Looking forward to solving this issue.

Rodderz
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Not sure what magnitude of discrepancy you're talking about here. Just a few hops? Or like, a few hundred?

We had a think about it and the best we could come up with was that maybe somebody clicked on your ad in Google, then saw something else on the page and quickly clicked on that instead. Or hit the stop button. The click might register with Google, but it wouldn't go through and register with Clickbank.

I asked Mark, but because he doesn't direct link so he hasn't experienced this :)

I wouldn't be too worried if it was like, a few different out of fifty clicks. If it was a few HUNDRED different over a month or so then I'd start getting concerned.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

megachile
Trust:
Hi Aletta thanks for your reply,

I am just learning the ropes with PPC as I was sent £50 adwords credit free. As my website isnt quite ready to go online yet I thought id play with direct linking in the content network purely as a learning exercise.

The click difference is about 4 or 5 per day, which adds up over the course of a month to a fairly significant figure.

Another idea I have had is that maybe clickbank and adwords daily reporting starts at different times (US vs UK time), although I have only ever had one instance over the course of a couple of weeks (last night) where I actually had a few more hops than ad clicks.

Bit confusing but im sure il get to the bottom of it eventually.

Jon

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Could well be. I think that you should expect some discrepancy. Is this 4 or 5 in the context of 100 clicks, or 10 clicks, or more? I'm sure it does add up over a period of time, but I think you have to think more in terms of proportion of clicks.

Wow... 50 pounds is way better than the $50 I get!
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

megachile
Trust:
Well yesterday was the opposite, google charged me for 9 clicks but I ended up with 13 hops. Possibly people saving the url to their favorites but not sure.

Anyway I guess the only stats that really matter are the ad spend vs sales.

tbrim20
Trust:
It sounds like both ClickBank and Google Adwords are operating off of different time zones. I think Adwords operates off of your local time zone but ClickBank is fixed. So if there is a gap between the two, any clicks/hops you have during that time gap will cause the two to not match up.

I just had something similar happen but on a much larger scale and for a different reason. This was due to the ad tracking placed onto the end of the of PPC link. My redirect scheme didn't like it so every click was getting sent to the wrong place.

In my case I was getting lots of clicks but none of them were registering with ClickBank.

Chalk it up to lesson learned.

But on the bright side, I just got a $100 Adwords coupon in the mail today which I'll try not to flush down the toilet with another mistake.
www.RookietoRich.com
Get My Free Method to making some Fast Cash and Kickstart your Internet Marketing Business today.

jraby3
Trust:
I'm getting only around 10-30 people on my site a day according to google analytics (which sounds right, it's a new site), yet clickbank consistently reports I'm getting like 80 or even 2-300 hops some days. It makes no sense at all. I just requested new affiliate links with a tracking code that I'm going to try - but does anyone have any idea why this is happening? What I should do? I'm completely new to affiliate marketing, so any advice would really be appreciated.

This topic was started on Mar 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.