Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Clickbank Vendor Guideline: No False Scarcity

rosconz
Trust:

Clickbank Vendor Guideline: No False Scarcity

What do you think about the new guidelines put out by clickbank for vendors?

Here is a link to the new guidelines.
http://www.clickbank.com/help/vendor-he ... uidelines/

For instance, False scarcity is used nearly on every pitch page I have ever seen.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
Last edited by cecille.l on 07 Aug 11 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: make question clearer

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
From what I understand, Clickbank will no longer allow vendors to use "fasle scarcity". Vendors can still place lines on their sales pages saying "there are only 300 copies left" if there really is a limitation on the number of copies and it was stated in Clickbank's Product Approval Process.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Personally I like Clickbank's new rules, even though they were probably forced into introducing them by the FSA! I get really annoyed when I see that there are 'only 3 left so hurry, hurry, hurry'. Only 3 left, of a digital information product? Come on.

Also I see that 'moving dates' are outlawed. No more 'today's date' on landing pages, to make you think that this 20 years' old site is actually right up to date!

The problem with all these tricks is that they make the reader wary of everything that's being said on the page, which is sad and makes our sales harder to achieve.
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
kieran wrote:The problem with all these tricks is that they make the reader wary of everything that's being said on the page, which is sad and makes our sales harder to achieve.

I agree. This is probably why Clickbank changed their rules. Hopefully, this will be strictly enforced and vendors/affiliates can have the consumers' trust again.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I have always hated false scarcity. I know a lot of vendors (including Mark) have used it for years, but I don't like it myself. When I use scarcity in my copy, I always stand by what I say. I pissed a lot of people off the first time I did it, because the offer ran out and they missed it. But, the next time I said there was a limit, those people that got pissed off were the first ones to jump at it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

easyrider
Trust:
The thing is that most people with at least half a brain can see through all these tricks. And as Kieran said, it means that people just become wary of every internet marketing offer they see and less likely to buy.
Greg

This topic was started on Aug 04, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.