Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

ClickBank report - order form and sales do not match

zfilinger
Trust:

ClickBank report - order form and sales do not match

Hi,

I`m having a problem with converting visitors into real buyers. I mean, I get hundreds visitors per day, some of them click on the affiliate links, some of them even click on order button on the sales page, but very few actually finish the order and make the sale.

My question is: Is it normal to have a ratio between Order form submit count and Initial sales 2:1?

What causes this difference?

Thanks for your reply

Zbynek
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Zbynek,

It will depend on your keywords that your traffic is coming from. I have several "buying keywords" where I rank high and this is where my sales are coming from to the highest degree. I have a lot of traffic from people just looking for free info too. I am sure some of those convert, but it is not unusual to have only 1 conversion in 200 visits for non-buying keyword phrases.

If you have a lot of that sort of traffic you may want to look into a newsletter to keep them with you so you can make the conversion on those other types of keyword phrases from tire kickers to buyers.

Smuigal
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

wollowra
Trust:
zfilinger wrote:some of them even click on order button on the sales page, but very few actually finish the order and make the sale.

Could be a few things..
1. The price isn't right for them
2. They don't see enough value
3. The niche is full of freebie seekers
4. The order page is confusing
5. They just changed their mind at the last minute to look for more info..

You really just need to test this. Sometimes Internet Marketing does not make sense and leaves you scratching your head..lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

zfilinger
Trust:
Thanks for answers.

I`m fine with people who click on the link and then quit from the sales page. I`m also fine with people who click on the order button and then, when they see the price or the method of payment, go away.

What makes me curious is the fact that I have 2 times more people that submit the order form than actual sales. To make it visual, here is my humble report :)
wollowra
Trust:
Hmmm, A couple of things I can think of is,
1. That once they hit the submit order button their browser does not complete the order.
2. The customer didn’t enter their details correctly and it bought them back to another submit page.
3. The customer’s payment method (EX: Credit Card) was declined.
also, I would email the merchant/payment vendor with this report and ask if they can offer any explanation.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

zfilinger
Trust:
Yeah, those things were what I thought might be the problem. Thanks for confirmation, Troy, now I can rest :)
zfilinger
Trust:
OK, I should have looked there earlier - the CB FAQ:

Q: Why does my number of Order Form Submits not match my Gross Sale Count?

A: There are several reasons that an order form submit may not turn into an order including (1) the customer didn’t enter all the fields correctly and (2) the customer’s method of payment was declined. When a customer doesn’t enter the fields correctly, which happens more often, our order form is designed to help customers to enter the correct information as efficiently as possible.
wollowra
Trust:
Oh ok, well glad you have your answer.
Regards
Troy

P.S Are you any relation to Obi won Kenobi..lol (re: avatar)

-- Robert Brault

zfilinger
Trust:
:)) you can choose

a) of course, he is my nephew
b) no, it`s just my favorite photo where I`m in my favorite hood

This topic was started on Dec 20, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.