Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Clickbank Commissions Issues and Dormant Account Charges

dodo222
Trust:

Clickbank Commissions Issues and Dormant Account Charges

Hi,

I hope to clarify some things of clickbank.
Can some1 tell me is it true or not?

I saw someone wrote
1)"Clickbank Dormant accounts are subject to a charge of $1 per pay period after 90 days of inactivity, $5 per pay period
after 180 days of inactivity, and $15 per pay period after 365 days of inactivity."

2)We can only get Clickbank commission after "Sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers" and "Sales made with two different payment methods"

3)"$2.50 is deducted for each check payment to you" and the first 5 have to reach at least $100 commission.

4) Commission theft is a very common issue

5) If people brought the product, but did not use clickbank option, we will also not get commission

6) If a people click through affiliate link to the merchant page and brought the product, we may also not get pay because some merchant may have already direct the buyer to another page( trail page, promotion page etc) which do the link directly to the affiliate

7) Commission is also not paid if affiliate direct the buyer to the merchant and the buyer did not brought product immediately but instead brought this product the next day directly through the merchant landing page or through another affiliate link.

Is my above all right? If so, is there any solution to solve the problem?

By the way, clickbank do change a lot lately. I can't find any hoplinks.

Look forward to your reply
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Dodo222,

I can say yes to most of these. I had an account that had a single sale in it, but I stopped promoting the page since I didnt' think I was getting results at the time (now I learned I gave up too soon), and Clickbank does take a fee out over time for accts that are inactive.

#2 is the bane of many affiliates. They'll get stuck at 3 or 4 and get frustrated over that fifth sale :D

Don't know about 3.

4, certain niches, such as the IM niche, might be more prone to this, but Clickbank has taken steps to try to resolve some of this

I don't think 5 is true because clickbank would be the merchant provider... I think the sale would have to go through clickbank.

For the ones that 6 is true, those I would stay away from. That can be bad for reputation (on the merchant), so I think most would avoid doing something that devious.

And 7 is true. Someone might find your aff link today and click through to the merchant page, but come back tomorrow and get to the merchant page from someone else's link. In that case, the more recent affiliate would get the credit. However, I believe that if the buyer went directly to the merchant page, they should still have the cookie (unless they cleared them) that would give you the credit for the sale.

Some of these I could be wrong on, and I am, the wiser man can correct me, but I believe I'm correct on these.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

dodo222
Trust:
May i know what is the things to do to solve the above problem?
steveking
Trust:
Hi dodo222

I understand your concerns with this list of issues but I think there are always going to be concerns with any affiliate program, whether that's online or offline.

I've worked in field sales (offline) for over twenty years and when I first started out I used to worry about all the reasons why I might not get paid, so much so I forgot to concentrate on selling.

These days I just focus on making the sales...and the rest looks after itself. Of course there are still issues to resolve, cancellations, non payments etc, but they are few and far between.

Try not to let things outside of your control stop you from doing the things you can control.

Stay positive and try to keep making the sales.
Cheers
Steve
Steve

"Working Hard On Mark's Course So Eventually I Can Spend More Time On The Golf Course"...Happy Days!

dodo222
Trust:
okie.. i will. Thanks for all your reply.

This topic was started on Jan 15, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.