Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Can You Review My Website

ootaci
Trust:

Can You Review My Website

Hey guys I'm a newbie and I just launched a website about pc and game reviews. I want to take your opinions and suggestions. I'm just using the Amazon Associates for now. Can you please take a look at my site? http://xpcadvisor.com Thanks!
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Hey mate,
For a newbie I reckon that's a fantastic site! I reckon get into a traffic strategy and once you see some traffic coming in you'll know what converts (and at how much %) and then see if there are any specific holes in your site that members on here can't find. But looks good to me so far (just took a short look on iPhone). I'll check it out later again.
Good luck!
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Wow! Your site looks amazing! :) It looks professional and informative.

I suggest that you add a multiple review page where visitors can see a list of the products you are promoting along with their ratings. This will make it easier for your visitors to see what the products are about and compare them. This converts well to sales.

Also add a disclosure to comply with FTC requirements. Affiliates and other marketers need to make it very clear to people that they are getting a commission (or some other kind of benefit) for recommending products. I believe Amazon have disclosure requirements of their own that affiliates need to put on their websites.

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Congratulations on your site! The hours you spent on it are well worth it. The site looks great, very professional-looking. You might want to work on the content though. The articles are very short and not very informative at all. There is also this verbiage on the end of each article:
No related content found.
It kind of makes me feel this is not an original article at all. You might want to make them a bit lengthy, around 400 words, so that you would be able to give more information to your readers. Having long, informative and engaging articles help you keep your readers on your site. They will also come back for more information so you would keep building up traffic which helps with your page rank.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

ootaci
Trust:
Thank you for your positive comments they encourage me. I'll make a separate disclosure and short brief product reviews pages. I think the reviews long enough but when it comes to news you're right they're really short. But my main topic is product reviews and the news are extra things. I don't think it will cause a problem but I'm going to try write longer news. Thank you guys
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi ootaci,

You're welcome! We're glad to help. I visited your site today and have yet to see those changes you mentioned but there have been plenty of updates since I last visited the site, so far as content is concerned. Keep it up with the updates. Don't forget to build backlinks and drive traffic to the site too.

Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

web.leslee
Trust:
Hi! the site looks great. Id like to suggest with the archives. I think it would be nicer if you can use the titles instead of dates. So it would be more catchy to visitors.

Hope that helps! :)
Your best provider in DOMAIN HOSTING

http://www.philwebservices.com/

ootaci
Trust:
First of all I'm sorry I couldn't answer you on time. Thank you for your advices. New ideas are passing on my mind everyday and I'm trying to add them all to my site. But I would like to thank you all 'cause your suggestions and reviews make me courage. I've a plan now and I'm going to stick that plan from tomorrow and on. I set my daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly goals. I know what I want and will never stop till accomplish them all. Make a hole "the marketer" is coming :D
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
One thing that you have to keep in mind is that although you are doing a lot of reviews, people won't trust your reviews if you don't show them that you are an authority on your topic first. Google has even stated they don't like thin review sites very much (all product reviews, no real value)

You have to build trust and create some value with people. Show them that you know what you are talking about and engage people, especially in the tech industry. This is a really competitive niche.

This is what your articles are for. They are your way of engaging people in the niche and building the trust needed to produce the sales.

I also notice you don't have an email capture form anywhere that I can see. That's bad. the Tech niche is huge and if you want to succeed, you should have some way to get people to subscribe to your list.

Also, you want to start getting your name known within the niche. One of the best ways to do that is through guest posting. There are TONS of tech related blogs out there, but none of them will give you the opportunity to share your knowledge with their readers if all you have on your site are product reviews and a few thin news articles.

Look at some of the popular tech news sites. Mashable and TechCrunch are the leaders in this niche. watch what they are doing, and copy them.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

ootaci
Trust:
I've read your post but I couldn't answer it. Thank you for your advices I'm working on making my site more attractive. Meanwhile I made my first sales. I said sales because there are 2 of them:D I didn't expect sales for the first month. But I have %6.1 conversation rate:D I'm so happy at this moment. Because I didn't do anything yet to get traffic, I've been working on just my site for now. After the sales I made a decision and I will promote my products. I've a question though. I had a goal for making my site large such as 400 reviews for the first month. Is this really necessary? I mean can I do some money with just 100 reviews for first month? What are your advices for this?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
honestly, I don't have 100 reviews on any of my sites. I recommend 1 review for every 5-10 articles on your site. Focus on content, not reviews. Also, 100/month will seem like you are just out to make sales, and not providing value to your niche. Can you honestly review 100 products in a month, and add real insight? not likely unless you have a team of people doing the reviews for you.

Product reviews should be real reviews not just a keyword to target. if you haven't actually used the product, you will do more to damage your reputation than to build it. The reason people buy from trusted reviewers is because the reviewers share real experience with the product, not just writing something for a keyword.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi ootaci,

Congratulations on your first sale! :)

I agree with James. Some review sites do not last like they used to because Google puts preference on authority sites since these sites provide more value to users compared to review ones. You would want to put good articles in your site as well as product reviews. You can also target keywords in articles. You can write product updates like when an update is released for a computer brand or when a patch is released on a game. Along with that you can provide your views on the update or patch as well. You're actually lucky because there's a lot of information you can put in to your site.

Cecille

ootaci
Trust:
@jmpruit You are right I haven't think on this way. I will reduce the review writing once a day. There are so many updates on tech niche I will use them. Thanks for advices.

@Cecile Thank you:D I will take serious your recommends in order to earn with long term authority site model.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi ootaci,

You're welcome! We're glad to help. :) Looking forward to seeing the improvements on your site.

Have a good day!
Cecille

chippystubbs
Trust:
I like it!!

The layout is easy on the eyes and there's a lot of good content.

Well done :)
A review of my favorite WordPress theme:
http://www.shopperpressreview.com/

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Glancing through your site, it looks very well done. Only comment I'd make is that the text is crowded up to the images. Adding a little padding would help with this. (Mainly just noticing this on the front page. The other pages seem to have a little space around the images.)
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Mar 08, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.